Sign in to follow this  
LouisF

Hallo from South Africa

I live in the small seaside village of Lambert's Bay on the western coast (actually referred to as the West Coast region) of our Western Cape Province. Pensioner, happily married, three married children and 4 grandchildren, with a fifth one on its way. I have always loved coffee, using a filter machine and a FP for several years before buying espresso gear. The first machine was a small steam affair, followed by one with a pump but also very much entry level. Acquired a Krups burr grinder, also entry level. Moved up to a SAECO Vienna Plus super auto machine some years ago and thought it makes good espresso. I became fed up with its silly steam wand fitted with a panarello, so I bought a Jura milk foaming device, which produces foam but of course no steamed milk. Nice for making hot chocolate, milkshakes and other stuff that needs to be stirred (heated or not, as required) vigorously - Dom Pedro's, for instance.

Then I started surfing the net for a decent espresso machine. Discovered the web site of an on-line shop we have here after a lot of searching. I was fascinated by what I saw there and started doing some more research on the ins and outs of espresso and all that goes with it. So I am now in the process of upgrading in quite a huge way and that is why I landed on this site in search of reviews on the Vario Home grinder.

And that's my story for now.

Welcome indeed! Quite a story so far but it sounds like you're "sailing" and have ended one tack and are just switching to another one...

Good luck and enjoy the trip!

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Hallo en welkom

Molweni bamkelekili

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL