mactec

VonShef BURR coffee grinder

Hi everyone,

this is my first post here, so not sure if I'm doing it right, but anyway...

VonShef BURR coffee grinder - http://www.domu.co.uk/vonshef-burr-coffee-grinder?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1K2_BRC0s6jtgJzB-aMBEiQA-WzDMTxOIOR9IEY0mnVX2Bvb0dUBFugoiTW15h7CJkcby78aAkJK8P8HAQ

For a burr grinder this seems too cheap to be true. But I'm a bit afraid that it won't grind finely and consistently enough for an espresso machine. It is a new product and I can't find any customer reviews on that so far. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Cheers, Michael

get that grinder and you will be "living the dream"

Trouble is, that dream will be about getting a better grinder.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Haha, yea, that's what I thought....

well, on the product description page they say "Grind adjuster dial ranges from 1 for Finest Ground to 18 for Coarse Ground. All your favourite coffee making methods are covered - from espresso to filter to French Press."

But for some reason I believe it's a big fat lie.

For a burr grinder this seems too cheap to be true. But I'm a bit afraid that it won't grind finely and consistently enough for an espresso machine. It is a new product and I can't find any customer reviews on that so far. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Cheers, Michael

At that price, it's unlikely to deliver a consistent grind suitable for espresso. Probably best to avoid and save your money.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Haha, yea, that's what I thought....

well, on the product description page they say "Grind adjuster dial ranges from 1 for Finest Ground to 18 for Coarse Ground. All your favourite coffee making methods are covered - from espresso to filter to French Press."

But for some reason I believe it's a big fat lie.

it might not be, they may have found a way, with fantastic new technology I am not aware of, to make a £30 grinder perform as well as a £300 one. If so, they are going to do fantastically well. you know what they say though, if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and tastes like a fish....then it's probably a fish. I didn't use Cigar, cos we're politically correct now.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

"Powerful 150w motor"

Why is there a tiny glass of Guinness next to the grinder?

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

for a lot of home users that are using preground then for £35 its a step in the right direction, and not much more than a blade grinder.

I bet I could get it stepless in no time :)

Fits under the cupboards too