Glenn

20000 Posts badge

Should we create a special category and badge?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a special category and badge?

• Yes
    • No

With our first member approaching 20000 posts should we create a special category and badge?

Here's a rundown of the current badges in use

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?26980-2016-Supporter-Badge

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Order of the golden boot perhaps

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

20000? Far too much time on their hands (or too much caffeine)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

With our first member approaching 20000 posts should we create a special category and badge?

Oh yes we certainly should.....

It should be even more "gold" than the current 10000 post badge.

Is it possible to make it a gif - possibly with sparkles and maybe pulsing colours.

Any poster reaching 20000 high quality and informative* posts would be fully deserving...............

* obviously any posts that aren't "high quality and informative" wouldn't be counted, so any drivel would be deducted prior to the count.

(This should give a bit of lee-way on designing the gif ;-) )

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

high quality and informative post

PS: By that criteria I think I have about 2 qualifying posts :-)

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Something like this would suffice

5dac1309f260bd3004317238da34d056.jpg

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Congratulations Mr Boots2u! An amazing achievement. I've learned a lot from you and had some enjoyable interactions. I don't know how you find the time. :)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Mmmmm, I missed this and the poll. I recall that when the mighty Boots was nearing 10,000 we had a competition to estimate the date and time he would reach his 10,000th post. That seems no time at all ago. I think he will reach his 30,000th post on 21st October 2017 at 19.50.

Missed the poll. Surely there must be an award ceremony involving being handed the Rusty Spoon of Truth.....maybe even by Ruth.

Well done Boots

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Or - if he is at the lever day - a lever - also to remind him of the fun he used to have and the great shots he used to get…..

Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread (oh ok, I was checking what badge I was going to proudly display when I chalk up my 1000 posts next week, only to find I'm not!) and I wondered why Mr B didn't get his mightily impressive and well deserved 20000 badge after all.

I know I'm new but questions need to be asked.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread (oh ok, I was checking what badge I was going to proudly display when I chalk up my 1000 posts next week, only to find I'm not!) and I wondered why Mr B didn't get his mightily impressive and well deserved 20000 badge after all.

keep asking these questions and you will soon have your 2000 badge , stay away from the 3000 territory though as this is exclusively mine ;-)

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

sounds great

Carry you soon be there.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

:D Haha, M remember this one? :D

Less than two years in and she will overtake me soon

AKA Toffee chips

It feels like yesterday

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Less than two years in and she will overtake me soon

It must be because you get your point across succinctly while I have to waffle on for half a dozen posts, I expect!

It must be because you get your point across succinctly while I have to waffle on for half a dozen posts, I expect!
Oh NO...not another waffler, ones enough surely...

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters