I came here to ask if any one knew where I can find an instruction manual for my Gaggia XD?..............but while I am on the forum as this is the first time it has ever missed a beat some help with the fault diagnosis might not go amiss.

Machine had been stood a few days while I was away, turned on to warm up and wandered off, on return water pressure dial was way over to max.........turned it off prompt! Had a look for anything realy silly like check inlet isolating valve was not off and left it to cool down. Turned it back on, ran off a few shots worth of water and water pressure settle fine. BUT boiler now not comming on as though maybe there is an over pressure trip switch? Never even looked at one of these before so manual was to get a plan of attack together to try and diagnose the fault. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks Peter

Hi

You will find all commercial espresso machines are basically the same inside, the hard part is removing the panels.

The problem you have sounds like the pressure stat has stuck which has caused it to overheat. If it has a resettable over temperature trip it will be a small red button under the machine, I can't point you in the right direction as I have no real knowledge of the XD but it will be the same side the element enters the boiler.

I can email you a picture of the pressure stat and the over temperature trip for identification if you would help.

Grumpy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo