Hey,

I have a LM with external pump and the relevant wires and was just looking for what I need to plug into where...

So the machine plugs into the mains, and from the machine there's a cable that runs out from it that I assumes powers the pump. I also have two metal wrapped hoses, that I assume at least one goes into the pump (not sure if the other also goes into the pump or into the main water plumbing?). Also somewhere in this setup must be the filter (currently do not own, but will).

I was obviously planning on having the machine professionally installed, but I'm getting itchy fingers and wouldn't mind running it at home for a little bit to play around on and just can't quite get to grips on the 'circuit' of what goes into what. Any explanation or diagrams would be awesome.

Thanks

44 Poets - Brewing Square Mile espresso on a Black Eagle Gravitech - 44 Rutland Road, Hove, BN3 5FF.

Like us on Facebook.

Dont connect you machine before you get filter..also ask for water meter (when younget filter) so you can know when is good time for changing...

And here is how you will connect you machine:

One of metal hose goes straight from main water plumb,goes straight to filter ,and than from filter other metal hose ( with U curve at one and of hose)...

Please take my advice- call some pro to do that,because every single connection can have leak issue...also between main plumb and filter there must be pressure valve or on direction valve..

And other one- if you planning to do by yourself- do some google...there is so many video,info about this..

Its a 2 group Strada, which will eventually end up in a shop, but at the moment its at my house and I want to play!

Yes, i would of course filter it, but i'm unsure where the filter sits in the setup...

44 Poets - Brewing Square Mile espresso on a Black Eagle Gravitech - 44 Rutland Road, Hove, BN3 5FF.

Like us on Facebook.

Mains water - braided hose - filter - braided hose - pump inlet - pump outlet - braided hose - machine inlet

The thinner wire goes to the pump - just like wiring a plug but into a connector block.

What rating (watts/amps) is the strada you have?

32amp commando socket

thanks for your circuit order, I only have two braided hose which is annoying - where can I get an additional one?

Like us on Facebook.

you're so useful, cheers Will. Just trying to work out if its going to be too much faff installing this at home. Still looking for a site for my shop, and obviously there all the kit will be pro installed...

Like us on Facebook.

Sorry I mean a pump to pump the water into the machine as there's no mains pressure? I was under the impression the LM external pump just handled the machine and didn't aid in getting water into the machine from the source?

Like us on Facebook.

The external pump is quite a powerful beast: Just put it + water bucket beside the machine, on the worktop.

If your Marzocco is a touchpad model, it will stop filling a few times as the ECU thinks there's a water leakage problem....just switch off, count to 10, then switch on again to restart the filling....

The very LAST thing I would do with a Strada is try to set it up at home with no knowledge or filter. They are such fickle little princesses. Even looking at them the wrong way will have one crying all the way to a full front-end service.

P.S. If you have low line pressure, a booster pump is highly recommended, I have one on our PB and never get issues with fill alarms, even at full-tilt service days.

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"