Well at long last I succumbed and bought a proper grinder.

The Krupps 75 that I've been using until now was a gift and I felt I would have been an ingrate if I didn't use it for some length of time, well that time is up.

I'll still use it if I want to use the french press, but that's an uncommon occurrence.

Gaggia Classic /silvia wand, VST 15g Ridgeless, Eureka Mignon, Rocket Tamper, Espro Toroid & Ilsa Jug, Francis Francis knock box, cheapo scales.

s0Cgtek.jpg

• Like 1

You have exactly the same set up as me, even the scales and jugs are the same. Except mines better cause i have a naked PF! :-) ....No VST basket though :-(

you might want to put the Mignon on a tray or something. it has a tendency to drop a clump every so often which would make a right mess on that white worktop!

for the time being i'm grinding into a receptacle, not directly into the portafilter.

This is so I can weight the grinds and fine tune the timer aspect.

Ive had the clump drop out ! I gave it a little thwack at the end of the last grind and as if by magic a clump fell out

Chocking \ borderline chocking most shots atm

Looks good!

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Could have sent some virtually to me, I've been having coffee disasters!

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Been using my trusty Mignon daily for 6 years now. Though i ditched the hopper years ago.

Nice set up Jumbo...I made some nice coffee with same set up.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Wow that Classic looks brand new.

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

Wow that Classic looks brand new.

Cheers,

It's one of the last RI8161/40 to come off the production line before they switched production to the 2015 machine.

I managed to beg it off Gaggia UK, reality was they just wanted shot of me and my pesky continual complaints about the 2015 I bought.

I think thats made me cherish it all the more. Micro fibre cloth always to hand

[h=1][/h]

Nice setup... :D

Currently drinking: Casa Espresso Charlestown v2 Espresso Roast. Marvelous!

Sage Dual Boiler | Smart Grinder Pro | 58mm Naked Portafilter | VST 18g Ridged | Bialetti French Press | Bialetti Moka Stovetops | CuisineArt DGB-600 Grind and Brew Thermal!

Neat and compact to say the least.

very nice and clean

looks like a nice setup

Nice setup... :D

Appreciate the feedback :)

Must say I'm in a happy place coffee wise and have no desire whatsoever to change any of my equipment.

Well, maybe a better fitting tamper.

Appreciate the feedback :)

Must say I'm in a happy place coffee wise and have no desire whatsoever to change any of my equipment.

Well, maybe a better fitting tamper.

First a tamper, next it will be a full on ek43 L1 combo party!!!

Did someone say coffee?

First a tamper, next it will be a full on ek43 L1 combo party!!!

Honestly, I dont even day dream over more expensive kit.

Perfectly happy with my modest combo.

But a nice zebra wood handled flat based 58.4mm tamper, well, that would fit my VST ridgeless much better and I would appreciate the aesthetics of one.

But I have no niggling doubt that my coffee is inferior because of my lack of one.

Lol. I wants me a levery whatsit.

Did someone say coffee?