Coffee Forums banner

Silvia (Missing washer?)

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  cjbailey1 
#1 ·
I must admit I'm a bit slack on the maintenance of my Silvia. I do backflush every few days and descale every few months. I also use a filter in the tank and filtered water but until recently I'd never taken the shower screen off (Never seem to have the time). Anyway I took it off the other day as I was continually getting coffee particles when flushing. What I'm concerned about is when I took it off I thought I saw a washer sitting on top of the cone shaped nut but as I carefully took the bits apart I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere (for over an hour) and could not find it. Now I'm wondering if there was ever a washer there and if this was just black from coffee residue. I cleaned it and put it back together and the machine is working fine but I'm concerned. Any Silvia owners know what I'm talking about?
:o

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm awaiting my descaler at the moment, but if you aren't sorted by Monday (I think that's when I'll get time as I'm away this weekend) then I'll be taking mine apart to give it a good old clean and I'll let you know.

#8 ·
Thanks for this. It's been worrying me. Clearly there never was a washer. That looks pristine compared to mine even after cleaning (I boil the parts in puly caff and water for about 10 minutes and scrub)

#9 ·
It doesn't get massive use but I still clean it quite regularly. I bought it second hand and wasn't sure of the use it had beforehand, but it seems ok! Awaiting to see what the descaler brings out.

#11 ·
Not a problem at all, I really need to use it more but I'm just not at home long enough! Sure it will get a lot more use when my girlfriend gets back from uni though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.