dfk41

Wilfa and game of Coffee

Well, about 10 days later the Wilfa grinder has just arrived from Finland from Slurp coffee. Have unpacked it and will try it out this afternoon. It looks remarkably sturdy for such a small outlay

068A2701-8221-41F8-9C5D-E25B064B53F9_zpschbhten7.jpg

C1683477-33B6-45BC-B152-5FF2E1B2E861_zps4wbtesqt.jpg

At the same time, a cheap kilo of coffee turned up that was the subject of a brief discussion last week from Game of Coffee. Will christen the Wilfa with a Moka Pot this afternoon.

314454DE-00D5-47D3-A1D4-C4D60016DAE1_zpsbxbj06ot.jpg

Edited by dfk41

Are you grinding in Finnish there?

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Finnish... I dont think he has started yet :exit:

Twitter @Froggystyle

I suppose he will be finished pretty quick if he thinks it's got the power to grind a moka pot... Even the aluminium one is a little sturdier than coffee beans.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

I wondered as well till I realised that the more you turn the dial, the more it reveals a word. As opposed to numbering the grind, the name it, espresso, aeropress, steal etc etc. used it once. really simple. Delightful container to catch the grind with a channelled side to assist in getting the grinds into whatever you want. More people need to buy this. I think it may turn out to be one of the finds of the year.

I used it on an aeropress setting for the Moka using those cheap beans in the picture. It proved quite nice with no sludge. I have a new gas hob and there mock is too small for it so I spilt some of the contents!

Steal? I feel further coffee education coming on...

Did someone say coffee?

My grinder also arrived today. Supping my first Aeropress now. The grind was fanatically consistent compared to my old Delonghi. More sweetness in my Ethiopian beans too. I'm guessing things will get better as I read somewhere that the grinder will benefit from "seasoning"? Preferably with cheap beans. Personally, I'm just going to use my usual beans & will therefore have a better chance of gauging things. Still unsure of how to clean it. I used to clean my DeLonghi with a pastry brush.

But, as has been said, a very sturdy & well made but of kit & great customer service. E-mailing to keep me in the loop. Yep, definitely one of the "finds of the year".

Ive had mine delivered. Just got to wait for next Wednesday to get home and try it :)

Sage Duo Temp Pro - Sage Smart Grinder Pro - Aeropress - Kalita - Coffee

Ive had mine delivered. Just got to wait for next Wednesday to get home and try it :)

You will be impressed!

It's my first machine grinder so I'm hoping so :) thinking of getting an espresso machine but not sure it'll be fine enough

Mr DFK has kindly said he'll try it and see how it goes so I'll know soon enough :)

Mr DFK has kindly said he'll try it and see how it goes so I'll know soon enough :)

Let us know your thoughts.

I'm very happy with mine as well. Grinds quite evenly and there is minimum retention/ clumping, so I can rotate beans very easily. Also posted a thread about this :)http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?30967-Wilfa-WSCG-2-Svart-Nymalt-grinder

It feels to me miles ahead of any other grinder in same price range / form factor.

For cleaning, you can take off the hopper and the top burr comes off easily. I've been using the second R in Aeropress for my Hario. For Aeropress, you probably want a little bit finer.

Thanks. Yet to have a proper play around with it, so will be tinkering over the coming days.

I tried eton the finest grinder settings which is named Moka. Bearing in mind the burrs need seasoning a little. The grind looked nice and consistent but did not have the powdery feel but certainly was not granular. I tried two shots, with a light tamp then a much firmer one. Both were gushers but, with a bit of practice I think I could improve on them. Will run some beans through and try to pull espresso again in a couple of weeks. Will stick with brewed for the moment.

I still think this is one of the most exciting budget grinders I have seen.

@dfk41 forgive me - but is this marketed as a " filter grinder " - does it claim to go to espresso at all ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Nope, no claims for espresso but a couple of people messaged and asked so I obliged

Nope, no claims for espresso but a couple of people messaged and asked so I obliged

Interesting to see how it does - If it struggles with tour darker roast for espresso it won't get near a medium to light ..

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Tbh, I have other grinders for espresso so it bothers me not, but, for brewed, it excites me. It may not be an EK but......

How much was it delivered in the end?

I believe rom Slurp they are 100 euros delivered now. They are available over here for £95 plus postage from Workshop

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Cute little thing. Its like a low-spec'd Sage.

Should be handy for Behmor etc if you don't like manual grinding.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

Well, for fear of sounding boring, I am still well impressed. I have not had coffee from my Nota today but drunk 3 Moka pots using the Wilfa. Really simple to use. What you put in seems to mostly come out. No sludge in the cup...U hope no one else buys one!