Sign in to follow this  
rhrwilliams

Espresso Underground

Peter from Espresso underground has been fantastic with me. Very experienced guy and sorted all my parts for me . Cant recommend highly enough. He sells all parts etc for many coffee machines. He certainly has all parts for Gaggia machines......even my very old gaga e90

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Peter. Had an issue with an item supplied which was outside of his control and despite being on holiday answered all emails, even arranging for a replacement to be sent out before had a chance to send back the original.

That's service, plain and simple

(p.s. he also stocks a huge range of parts :-) )

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

the foregoing mirrors my experience in PURCHASE OF LELIT MACHINE. I have nothing but praise for Espresso Underground and it's proprietor, Peter Nicholson. Good 'old-fashioned' customer service combined with patience and courtesy.

Peter deserves to succeed. And that's my hope for him and his family.

ProfBrian

@Django57 and @ProfBrian

What Lelit machines did you buy? I have a PL62 coming from elsewhere in around 10 days time.

Ian

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Review review!

Ha ha this is all I do now - annoy people by asking for machine reviews

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

I placed an order with them around ten days ago, the payment has been made, but no sign of the goods.

I sent an email asking about dispatch, but no reply.

There is no other way to contact them shown on their website.

Is all well there?

Should I be worried?

You've tried to phone? I found them really helpful and responsive.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Thanks for making me look again at their “contact” page: I found a phone number there that I’d missed before.

I’ll give them a ring in the morning.

Vital stuff I’m waiting for: new burrs for my T80 and two of those funny ridged rubber feet.

Bringing this thread back to life I have my recent(ish) purchase of a Lelit Bianca flow control valve.

I placed the order on the 24th September and finally received all of the parts today, just over two months later. I was initially quoted a "two week" delivery time...

A lot happened. Tl/DR I should give them credit for not just cancelling the order and refunding me. I don't know if they lost money on the transaction but I hope they didn't. So they do deserve credit for actually seeing it through and delivering I just think communication should have been a whole lot better.  

Firstly one week after the order date on the 2nd October I received an email telling me that the order had shipped. I hadn't received anything by the 10th so fired off an email asking for tracking information and was told promptly that "yes I've ordered it so I'm expecting it next week"...okay then so by this point two weeks have already passed and I'm being told that they expect to receive it "next week". So one week behind schedule at least. It seems like the shipment notification I received was generated after they placed an order with Lelit for the part but I don't know...

Anyway on the 21st October the valve is finally delivered but it's missing the paddle, grub screw, and pressure gauge. I don't receive any note in the parcel or any email telling me this so obviously I fire off another email. I'm told they've just found out that Lelit have split the products and the missing part is the paddle and grub screw (no mention of pressure gauge). But hey I'm told they've been ordered so I just assume it'll be a two week wait again...or maybe three...

I send another email on the 7th November asking for an update and don't hear anything. So I try again on the 8th. This time I receive a response: it's taken some time to sort out but the parts are in transit and they're expecting to receive them "early next week" and they'll be sent straight on.

By Friday 22nd November I still haven't received anything or heard anything else so I email again. I get no response so email again on Tuesday in the morning and then evening. By the afternoon of Wednesday I still haven't heard anything so decide I've had enough. I suggest they're having trouble completing the order and they should refund me so I can buy the parts from another retailer. This time I get a response and tracking information which shows the parts were posted to me on the Tuesday......

What would have happened if I had never sent an email when I just received the valve? Would I have got the paddle and gauge at all? I don't want to draw any conclusions because that would be unfair. I have no reason to believe they didn't intend to complete the order, it's just at the point I received the valve it didn't seem to me they were even aware there was an issue and that's not a position a customer should find themselves in. I felt a few times that my order had been simply forgotten and I was sending emails as reminders.

One thing I can say is they could have really improved their email communications. If they tell a customer something will be delivered in a week and it turns out that isn't going to be the case they should let them know rather than just keep silent. If they find out they've made a mistake listing the product and parts are missing they should really tell the customer rather than just silently ship on half the parts...

So just beware of ordering anything that's going to be ordered from a manufacturer rather than stock they have on hand as you could be in for a long wait. That said they did actually deliver in the end and if it hadn't been for Lelit splitting the parts things wouldn't have been that bad.

ACS Minima (Beta) -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

I mentioned all the indivual parts, knob, grubs crew etc in my review and video, pity they never saw it. 

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)