Interesting- Kevin on schpock?. I looked at this but he "couldn't" give me any of that detail, so I walked away, and got one from here, because I'm not technical enough.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> Fracino Cherub—> La Pav Europiccola:

:Mazzer SuperJolly:

:Hario V60+aeropress:

Yeah, it seems ok but likewise I'm a little in the dark about whether it's a good price or not

If it works and is in good order then £100 is good. If it isn't then maybe not so much.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

If it works and is in good order then £100 is good. If it isn't then maybe not so much.

I just spoke with him on the phone, it works all ok and he's happy with PayPal so I said I'd take it

The beauty of these machines is that they can be stripped down and brought back to life very easily.

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

If the bearings are ok, then its a good'un. New burrs aren't expensive (around £20) so even if they're shot, then it's still a bargain.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

If the bearings are ok, then its a good'un. New burrs aren't expensive (around £20) so even if they're shot, then it's still a bargain.

Does it sound ok on the video to you? Or is it not something you can tell?

If the bearings are knackered, you will notice straight away as they grate and are pretty loud. That one sounds ok to me tbh.

This was one I had that had knackered bearings..

You can hear them at the end.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

If the bearings are knackered, you will notice straight away as they grate and are pretty loud. That one sounds ok to me tbh.

This was one I had that had knackered bearings..

You can hear them at the end.

Thank you, I guess I'll find out 100% when it arrives, he's posting tomorrow morning so we'll see

If you do end up stripping it down, even just for cleaning, then just buy some new flex and replace it. It'll look better than having the old piece taped up

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

• 4 months later...

Wouldn't worry about its age. Just make sure it spins true with no wobble.

New burrs can be had for about 40 quid or less.

<a href="https://twitter.com/grahmart" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @grahmart</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo