Sign in to follow this  
siena

Buona sera a tutti

My coffee experiments started quite a long time ago. Staying in Geneva (1975 or 76) with my wife and kiddies for 6 weeks in an appartment and nothing to prepare a decent coffee. So we bought something you would call a moka pot. These things were rather cheap, but the coffee was awfull. Took us years to find out by coincidence you need special coffee for it, called "espresso" ....

Our espresso started years later with some tiny Krups machine. It delivered a reasonable coffee, but a cappuccino was hard to do. Then we bought a used Mini Moka Demoka M-820. I liked the shiny aluminium body, but a good espresso was still depending to too many factors. So nearly 6 years ago I ended up with an ECM Giotto Premium which still is performing excellent, but shows some signs of wear by now. The lower stem is slant wearing down (is this correct English?) so I have to get some new parts.

Together with this I have a Mini Moka grinder. Quite noisy, but perfect adjustable.

Beside these we have a tiny Saeco Via Veneo for the holidays, which I slightly modified. I removed the ballast of nearly one kilogram to save weight in my caravan. Not perfect for cappuccino, but amazing what a good espressy it brews with the special porta filter.

An interesting history. Welcome to the forum.

Still learning on... Gaggia TS, Cunill Tauro, PTM Tamper, Motta Tamping Stand and Knock Box, Gaggia Milk Jug and fresh beans!

Welcome Siena

ECM Barista, Mazzer Royal, Bialetti Brikka, Aeropress, Reverse osmosis water system, home made Vanilla Syrup, Espresso Gear Barista tamper.

Great tale - welcome.

La Spaziale Dream-t, Elektra Micro Casa a Leva, Dalian Amazon 1kg Roaster, Mazzer Mini Type B, ex- Izzo Alex Duetto, Gene Cafe Roaster

Welcome to Coffee Forums

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson