Sign in to follow this  
pendragoncs

And another Hi

Hi All,

Had my new setup for a couple of months now and have only recently started to get some really good coffee from it, well good in my books.

My setup seems to be quite a popular one with a Gaggia Classic paired with a Iberital MC2 and some cheapish tamper i got (although this may need changing as its a 57mm and i think i should have a 58mm).

I've just taken delivery of a selection pf HasBean coffee and so far they've been really good.

Jason

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

Lovely setup and great choice of bean source there, for a tasty tamper check out Coffee Hit

ECM Barista, Mazzer Royal, Bialetti Brikka, Aeropress, Reverse osmosis water system, home made Vanilla Syrup, Espresso Gear Barista tamper.

Welcome. A classic setup that one. Hope you enjoy your beans :)

Rancilio Silvia V3 | Compak K3 Touch | Reg Barber 58.5mm | Grindenstein knockbox | Synesso Double Ridgeless

Welcome to Coffee Forums

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson

Thanks all.

Have seen some nice Tampers but finding it hard to justify the cost. I do need a new once as i'm currently using a 57mm when it appears i should have a 58mm.

Jason

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

A 58mm tamper will give you a more snug fit in the filter basket, if your technique is already good it won`t make a dramatic difference but does make for a more pleasing tamping experience.

I use an Espresso Gear Barista tamper from Coffee Hit which I really like thought the most popular up market tampers are the Reg Barber ones, well worth getting a good one and it`ll last a lifetime.

ECM Barista, Mazzer Royal, Bialetti Brikka, Aeropress, Reverse osmosis water system, home made Vanilla Syrup, Espresso Gear Barista tamper.

Thanks all.

Have checked down the back of the sofa etc and think i could stretch to a RB although coffeehit seem to have very little stock at the mo.

Just need to decide on handle and base shape.

Jason