Hi All,

I have an SJ timer model and hate the doser with a vengeance. I have looked at all the mods and keep coming back to the fact that all i really want is the chute off the electronic timer model at a decent price. For a couple of shots a day surely this has to be the cleanest, neatest answer.

Any help, thoughts or ideas please - even a Mazzer phone number in Italy - I'm a desperate man!

I don't use mine enough to warrant using the doser, as the grind retention is too much, I use the doser housing with a funnel inside it and just rake out the retention grinds with a wooden coffee stirrer and toothbrush... yes a bit of a faff, but it's quick, seconds... and wastage is practically non existent.

I was doing this, just to see if I 'got on' with the grinder... nearly a year later... I still haven't looked for a better solution!

I don't like the look of that mod, although it's a great idea.

I found the resin cutting discs were the best. I cut into the spot welds from outside the funnel to weaken the weld and the handle wiggled off easily.

Handle was easy - it was cutting the square hole and drilling the mounting holes that I quickly gave up on!

I solved the problem with a K10 Fresh, which was tougher on the wallet but a better all-round solution.