IGNORED

Sold: Macap MXD Xtreme grinder : 75mm Ti, On Demand - Brand new : £695

I have a brand new, boxed and unused (powered up purely to confirm a zero shot count) top of the range Macap MXD Xtreme grinder for sale.

These retail at over a grand new, though I wanted to give a forum member the opportunity to buy it at a bargain price rather than simply ebaying it - so I'm willing to let it go for £695 including UK shipping.

As I'm obviously not a retailer, although this is new and unused, I can't offer a warranty on it - though the price comfortably allows for that. It's a commercial grinder, and as such will run and run without fault - most probably outliving the owner in domestic use.

It has 75mm titanium burrs, and is fully "on demand" (with 3 dose settings) and stepless grind adjustment.

Comes complete and boxed with rubber mat, hopper and instruction booklet.

Collection from Swindon, Wilts if you'd prefer.

8d8686fd9186bc496862e5c64767e6df.jpg

You can usually find me and all of my Gaggia products at Shades of Coffee

I've got one of these but without titanium burrs. The timer is really accurate and adjustable to 0.01 seconds and grinds espresso quicker than 3 grams per second. Really consistent in the cup. This grinder ended my upgraditis . The worm drive makes fine tuning the grind easy as well.

Another endorsement, I have the mxd .... the extreme has a bigger motor, grinds almost twice as quick and has titanium burrs

as said above the adjustment is very simple and accurate the dosing is accurate and for the most part clump free and delivered perfectly into a basket. .... The massive 1.6kg hopper is easily replaced with a tube if need be.

Its not an imposing grinder mine sits perfectly at home next to a small HX machine.

Its quiet and a NOTICEABLE in the cup difference from the smaller 58mm burrs of my mc4 that I now use for brewed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not taking iPads or kidneys (or other body parts) for this - but it's still for sale and I'm eager for it to go on here rather than eBay, so sensible offers also invited.

I have been thinking about changing my grinder from a mazzer mini to an on demand grinder with hopefully a bit of an upgrade thrown in for a while. I'll be honest though I had more of a used one in mind to keep the costs down.

How much of a difference in the cup do you think I would notice?

Thanks

Well.... the Mazzer Mini has 58mm burrs, and you'd probably notice a difference just moving to a 64mm burr set (like a Super Jolly or Zenith 65E)

So- making the move to a 75mm titanium burr set, similar to that in the Mythos, would be a significant move. In the cup it would make a big difference, but also speed of grinding and the on-demand nature of it would make it a joy to use. I've got a Mazzer Royal, with 86mm flat titanium burrs, which I use now and again as the results are great - but it's not "on demand" - and hence not as easy or as quick to use as the MXD.

If the damn thing wasn't brand new, and using it for a while wouldn't be an issue, then I'd be using it myself! As it is, I have to stick with my conical K10 Fresh (or Royal if I want to thwack!)

I'll accept £650 plus courier delivery cost (your selection of method/cost). I'd prefer it were collected (or we meet) rather than it being shipped using any courier to be honest, but if you're happy paying courier fees (and deciding what to use) then I have the box for it and am happy to box it and ship it at your risk.

Super - drop me a PM and let me know what works for you. A great grinder at a great price, and I'm very glad to see it go to someone on here that will enjoy it!

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo