IGNORED

Nuvo Korean Ceramic Handy Roaster

Ramrod

Got this in the post today. It's probably a small step up from the wok/whisk method that I've been using.

Just tried using it with HasBean El Salvador Finka Alaska beans. Very even roast. Won't know how it tastes for a few days though. Can't wait :D

Tried a search here with no hits.

Has anyone else used one of these?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats rather cute, would be nice for doing a quick roast for yourself or just filling the house with coffee smell.
How long should you wait before using the freshly roasted beans? I'm reading that 7-14 days is normal. Could/should they be ground and used immediately?

Certainly, but that is also part of the fun :-)

I've ordered four kinds of green beans - Guatemala Antigua, Costa Rica Tarrazu, India Monsooned Malabar and Kenya A/B plus - whatever that means

Hopefully everything will arrive next week - not sure about shippings from S. Korea though

Edited by Stanic

At the risk of asking a dumb question can you produce results with a roaster like this that will produce great coffee?
I have no idea yet as I've not tried my first roast with it yet. I'll probably try it tomorrow morning as the beans will have had 3 days since roasting. Can't wait!

I'll let you know :)

Certainly, but that is also part of the fun :-)
That's the way I see it :D

You get a lot of control over the process as it's easy to see what the beans are looking like, hear the crack, see the smoke, you even feel the heat increase on the first crack (coming out of the end of the handle) and you can vary the heat input accordingly, instantly.

not sure about shippings from S. Korea though
Mine came pretty quickly. Couple of weeks, iirc.

How long should you wait before using the freshly roasted beans? I'm reading that 7-14 days is normal. Could/should they be ground and used immediately?

I think beans peak in taste 4-6 days after roasting. You can use them straight away, but I'd at least wait a day or two. Only grind as you need.