IGNORED

Free Beans! (well 99p for the P&P)

Their "greens" arnt too badly priced, I wonder what the quality is like .... The only concerning thing is you can order the green beans as beans or course ground ... Err any one tried roasting pre ground green :D

Rubbish is subjective and your words not mine . Plenty of places offer " value " roasted coffee - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that . Wasn't a lot of beauty in the cup for me but we all love our own wives don't we . If in doubt perhaps ask the cupping scores for the greens to ascertain their quality before buying.

Is it just me or do the product reviews on that Hormozi site look a bit fishy?

It only seems to be the blended coffee that has reviews. Somehow the way they're phrased seems a bit...off?

That and exactly the same review published by two people on the same day.

https://hormozi.co.uk/shop/best-blends/royal-blend-best-coffee-bean-blend/

Anyway, suppose you can't complain for a quid though.

Ta for the heads up.

I presume Andy's point is that IF the ONLY thing you can say about your blend is that it's "100% arabica" then that's hardly a hallmark of quality. That's a baseline expectation, and tells you nothing of the origins, character etc of the blend on its own. It hints at a lack of knowledge, on the part of the vendor and/or intended customer.

I presume Andy's point is that IF the ONLY thing you can say about your blend is that it's "100% arabica" then that's hardly a hallmark of quality. That's a baseline expectation, and tells you nothing of the origins, character etc of the blend on its own. It hints at a lack of knowledge, on the part of the vendor and/or intended customer.

Ah ok that makes more sense

Alarm bells always ring when a roaster sells a 100% Arabica blend.

50% Australian SkyBerry 50% Daterra yellow Bourbon = 100% Arabica Blend

What's the problem, I often blend 2 or 3 fine speciality grade Arabica coffees together after roasting.

Did you have visions of this?...oh and I luv how those beans are packed into airy burlap sacks for that 1 week road transport in hot dusty africa, then a 4 weeks sea voyage in a damp container on a ship and finally a trip from the docks to wherever Kenco Village is, to finally be ground and packed into the lovely jar.

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

50% Australian SkyBerry 50% Daterra yellow Bourbon = 100% Arabica Blend

What's the problem, I often blend 2 or 3 fine speciality grade Arabica coffees together after roasting.

See few posts above, if all you can say it's 100% arabica, it's probably not great quality.

On the other hand, it annoys me when roasters provide exact altitude, such as 1234m asl. As if the farm has no terrain variation.

See few posts above, if all you can say it's 100% arabica, it's probably not great quality.

On the other hand, it annoys me when roasters provide exact altitude, such as 1234m asl. As if the farm has no terrain variation.

Yeah the posts were made while i was making mine. I find it funny when they start naming the farmer, his wife and kids with photos...or give the farm and coffee a really fancy sounding name. In all honesty I can say hand on heart, I don't care, it's the coffee I care about, not the back story. Unless such a story is relevant to quality and processing.

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG