Dylan

Clip to hold Feldgrind handle against body £4 posted

I am now printing two different clips for the Feldgrind, please see below.

The 'Simple Clip':

£4 inc postage

This clip is good for use at home and will hold the handle against the body when storing your Feldgrind in your cupboard.

Using this clip: Slot the clip onto the handle near the knob and slide down until the clip stops (dont push too hard). Place the nob resting on the shaft of the grinder, this will give you your level to move the rubber band to. Remove the handle and slot the clip under the band, then just pop the handle in place.

8YlG7qzl.jpg

The 'Secure Travel Clip':

£6 inc postage

This clip is super secure. It is designed to keep your lid secure and the handle in place when travelling. It needs to be removed before using the grinder as it obstructs the lid.

Using this clip: You will find it a bit fiddly at first getting this on. The lid should be placed into the top of the clip before fitting the clip, then the whole thing pushed down onto the top of the Feldgrind, lift the rubber band to help the lower parts of the clip get under it and it should then push down. The handle should 'twist' in but dont force it, and when removing the handle you will need to lift the clips a little with your finger, just twisting the handle will break the clips.

el7tPcPl.jpg

If you would like one please drop me a PM.

If you want both clips its £9 including postage.

Should you break or snap a clip contact me and I will send you a new one at cost (not much less than I sell em for).

Edited by Dylan

Do you mean to use whilst travelling?

It's just to keep things tidy, together in the cupboard or indeed whilst you are travelling.

Comments about painting aside, can you print these in black?

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-

Unfortunately I don't have black filament, so no. If there were 20 orders for black (which is unlikely :) )I could justify buying a roll just for this, but otherwise I cant really.

Have you thought about modifying it to hold the handle and keep the lid secure when not being used? I would definitely be interested in that.

The Feldfarb is new to me so I didnt know about that problem, should be too difficult to do I'll have a go when I have some time :)

Brilliant! EVERY Feldgrind owner would have one. Much better than the Porlex rubber loop!

David

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

That looks brilliant - PM me your details and I will Friends and Family across the requisite £4 (assuming production costs have not changed) - Thanks

Going to charge £5 for this one of that's ok, cover the extra bit of plastic and design.

I'll shoot you a PM if that's all ok.

Edit: 'Travel clip' now £6 as unfortunately its width makes it a small parcel. I can possibly do one that has slightly less of a lip and will fit as a large letter but not sure how effective it would be. Edit2: redesigned the clip to fit in a large letter package see hog's post below. Worth waiting on an order of this until Hogg has given it a road test.

Edited by Dylan

Hi @Dylan, just noticed the difference in price from the £4 so will sort that out.

This arrived today but seems to be a bit different from the one in your picture, yours reaches the central 'knob' but mine only covers a little bit of the lid (see below) and I am noticing a bit of 'knob rattle'. Will see how it copies next week with a significant bit of travel and will report back.

05c3a961d11ba9901543eed54acd286c.jpg

Edited to add: just noticed your PM mentioned the smaller ledge. Sorry, brain fail today, my grandmother passed away yesterday and today has been a bit challenging helping my mum sort things out.

Edited by Hairy_Hogg

Cheers hog. Price difference is £1 for you as the clip fits into a large letter spec so £5 in total.

Let me know how the travelling goes, if its not good enough I'll knock something else up. Because these are so cheap I am trying to keep the size down otherwise postage jumps to £2.80 from 80p.

It shouldn't be wobbling at all really, when I tested it on mine the handle held firm when clipped into place. There could be small variations in how thick the handle is but it shouldn't make too much difference.

edit: in fact looking at the top clip is looks like it might not be clipping on properly, it should be snug against both sides. I remember it being very snug on mine, if it wont close over the handle then take a file to it if you have one just to reduce it down a bit.

edit2: maybe not actually, I think its just the light

@Dylan - sorry, for knob rattle read lid rattle. Fits to the side fine but the lid does rattle.

Ahh I see, does your lid rattle when it's pushed in or do you mean if it pops open? My lid is held fairly firm by the rubber o-ring. It could easily pop out but doesn't rattle.

Not sure how @The Systemic Kid is getting on with his clip, but @Hairy_Hogg had some problems with the revised clip seen in post #12 in that it would not hold the lid securely whilst the grinder was in a suitcase or the like.

A revised version is currently printing with a fully secured lid and the 2 clips are the reverse of each other to more securely hold the handle, here is a screen grab of the stl:

N5PP8dp.png

Nice one! I'll take this if/when it becomes available!

Clip works perfectly, Dylan. Secures the handle nicely.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Sorry if this is a daft question. Does this also fit the Feldgrind?

Nice one! I'll take this if/when it becomes available!

No problem, I'll drop you a PM once its tested.

Sorry if this is a daft question. Does this also fit the Feldgrind?

It's for the feldgrind... dont know why I put feldfarb.

Could a mod edit the title please :confused:

Sorted

Home | Sage Dual Boiler | Hario V60 Decanter | French Press | Brasilia RR45OD | Lido 2 | RB & MBK Tampers |

Office | Sowden Joe 4 cup | Rhino Handgrinder

Right, here is the 'Secure Travel Clip'.

z9wlIwPl.jpg

The lid is going nowhere and the opposite facing clips hold the handle very secure. If you want to chuck your Feldgrind in the bottom of your bag this is the one for you.

This one is £6 posted.

Yes please! Could you PM your bank details or PayPal address, please?

Ta

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)