yls93

Coffee machine recommendation

I am about to open a sandwich bar.

Could someone give a suggestion of a bean-to-cup coffee machine please? It has to be very reliable and efficiency. The taste is not very important but it has at least better than the waitrose one.

Many thanks

its a format that works for Starbucks

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Have a look at the Jura XS9 and the XJ9 Pro.

With all commercial B2C machines the after-sales service is v. important. So a local supplier with good engineers is best....

I am about to open a sandwich bar.

Could someone give a suggestion of a bean-to-cup coffee machine please? It has to be very reliable and efficiency. The taste is not very important but it has at least better than the waitrose one.

Many thanks

Oooh.. I am afraid the words very reliable and bean to cup don't go together in the same sentence.

The instore free coffee machines of Waitrose are probably NOT a cheap machine. If you don't like those, it could be the beans they are using....how many thousands are you looking to spend. I tested out some swiss machines costing many thousands some years ago and I wouldn't drink the crap they produced.

I think you can do better and perhaps bean to cup machines are not the way?

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

How many cups a day will you be serving .. Realistically you are looking at £3.5k for a 100 a day or £5.5k for 200 cups ... At the minimum, and that doesn't include the regular servicing it will need

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Hi,

Thank you all for all the replies. Very appreciated.

I think I did not include as more detail as possible in my previous post. Sorry.

I just graduated from Uni and I have got an opportunity in China to open a subway.

Unlike the market in UK. The bean to cup machine will be more than enough in China and it is the best solution in consider of the queue time. In addition, my customer can tell the difference between instant coffee and fresh made coffee, but they do not care about whether it is manual made coffee or auto-made coffee.

Also, because the store is based in China. I do need a very very very reliable coffee machine. The budget is not a problem, but it can not go sky high.

Many thanks,

Yilun

Also, there is a starbucks in the same mall but I have got a lot better location. They sell a cup of latte about 3quids. I am thinking about the sell my latte for about 1.5 quids.

So the ideal would be:

1. it does not need servicing. (I am ok with cleaning)

2. it is very reliable. (It will last at least to cover the cost of the machine)

3. it is fast. (the coffee should be ready when I finish making sandwich for my customer)

4. it is a bean to cup machine.

5. the taste is no worse than the waitrose free coffee.

Many thanks

Yilun

yeah, the words chinese made (this is an assumption), bean to cup and reliable are not often used in the same sentence. As you are from university I will give you some free advice. You can offer your customers what they will buy, what you know you can sell them and you will make some money. Offer them what they really want and you will do much better. you can strive to be special, or you can strive to be just like the rest.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

So the ideal would be:

1. it does not need servicing. (I am ok with cleaning)

2. it is very reliable. (It will last at least to cover the cost of the machine)

3. it is fast. (the coffee should be ready when I finish making sandwich for my customer)

4. it is a bean to cup machine.

5. the taste is no worse than the waitrose free coffee.

Many thanks

Yilun

Then get a bulk brewer.

1. Needs very little servicing, but does need cleaning

2. Will be more reliable than almost anything else

3. The coffee will always be waiting ready for the customer

4. It is not...but if you add an approriate grinder, I suppose it is in a way...you can grind your own beans, eventually they will reach the customers cup

5. Yes can meet this requirement quite easily.

Examples of bulk brew systems below, you can but cheaper and more expensive. Plus any Chinese made bulk brewer will be a more reliable than a bean to cup, no matter how hard they try to make it badly. one of those cheap mazzer chinese super jolly clones will do for a cheap grinder for brewed (they are no good for espresso).

http://www.beanmachines.co.uk/images/upload/6_2a8fe3e04fec7b71198abc2e1c005ae8.pdf

Thanks for the advice. I fully understand what you mean.

The coffee is not my main business. My main business is selling sandwiches. Coffee is just like an attachment or bonus. The best coffee what normal people would think will be starbucks or costa in China.

Over 80% of coffee 'lovers' in China are always drinking instant coffee. So if I can provide a fresh made coffee in my store, I believe my customer will like it.

Does subway not specify what machine/type of coffee you must use under the franchise thing?

Twitter @Froggystyle

Thanks for the link. I had a look at it.

I don't think this will work

When customer see my adv "fresh made coffee!", they want to see the real coffee machine. The bulk brewer does not like a real coffee machine.

If customers can see the real coffee machine, they would be more convinced that they are having something ways better than the instantly coffee. And cheaper than starbucks!

Cheers,

Y

So they (Subway) specify instant? Is that what you are now saying?

If the customers insist on "seeing a proper machine" then buy one! A commercial espresso and commercial grinder, and be done with it. A lot less hassle in the long run than useless vending or bean-to-cups.

"Is that all it does?"

La Pavoni Euro pro

Mazzer Major

In that case la Cimbali s54 .. You will have to steam your own milk though ? Or is that too much effort to go to ?

It's a funny thing...whenever I am in Hong Kong, Singapore or China....I always swap to tea for the month....now I know why ;)

So they (Subway) specify instant? Is that what you are now saying?

If the customers insist on "seeing a proper machine" then buy one! A commercial espresso and commercial grinder, and be done with it. A lot less hassle in the long run than useless vending or bean-to-cups.

Any recommendations?

In that case la Cimbali s54 .. You will have to steam your own milk though ? Or is that too much effort to go to ?

yep, it's too much. The one provides free coffee in waitrose seems suits my needs. But I don't know whether it is reliable or not. and I don't what brand and type is that machine.

I don't think that any bean to cup machine used commercially would be reliable unless you have a service contract to go with it. In which case I would check out a rental through a local supplier rather than sourcing one yourself.

The Waitrose ones are regularly serviced and that still doesn't stop them regularly being out of order. I have never actually tried the coffee from them so can't comment on that.

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd