IGNORED

London's Best of the Best?

aaronb

I think its called Devotion, a trendy little coffee boutique between the 'front and 'back' entrances of Clapham Junction Station. Basically walk up St John's hill away from the crossroads and you'll find it. Last time I went there the inside had been hand lettered by Josh, aka The A-Board Dude (who you can find on Instagram if you like typographic signage and coffee). Can't remember what coffee they have on, but it was good when I went there.

Edit, here you go. Takeaway only at the moment of course.
https://g.co/kgs/zsqZkv

• 4 weeks later...

I live nearby Devotion too, quite like the shop and their coffee.

My absolute favorite in all of south London has to be Bluebird Brothers on Northcore Road (also pretty much next to Clapham Junction). Just a whole in the wall but their quality is outstanding. 

Other shops in the area which I really enjoy are:

Kapihan (Phillipino Coffee Shop and Bakery, Battersea)

Press (Road between Clapham Junction and Wandsworth)

On 24/11/2020 at 22:20, Tom - Batch Coffee said:

Yeah, Old Spike are great. Really good ethos and the coffee that they roast is top draw. We used a Mexican coffee from them recently but I also tried an Ethiopian Duromina that they had on with some outrageous fruity flavours. 

Ah this is really good to hear. I've always bought into their ethos but had written them off when I wasn't impressed with some of their beans last year, but I'll give them a second shot based on this!

16 hours ago, Nad said:

Ah this is really good to hear. I've always bought into their ethos but had written them off when I wasn't impressed with some of their beans last year, but I'll give them a second shot based on this!

Great stuff! Really good to hear. All of the coffee I have tasted from Old Spike has been top draw, they're a really good bunch of people too :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ealing is well supplied with good coffee. Apart from electric there's Artisan, and there's Cafe Zee right opposite. Artisan use Allpress but Zee roast on the premises. Then there's Curious Roo and a couple of other small ones that I can never remember the name of, like "Ginger Moon" or something like that, but I've not been in there.

My London favs, in no particular order...

• Nude Espresso
  • Workshop Coffee
  • Ozone
  • Allpress Espresso 
  • Climpson and Sons
  • Prufrock 
  • Browns of Brockley
  • Volcano

One day when the pandemics all over maybe i'll do one crazy walking tour and stay awake for a week afterwards...

Gaggia Classic PID & Niche Zero

On 14/04/2021 at 14:57, LMartin said:

One day when the pandemics all over maybe i'll do one crazy walking tour and stay awake for a week afterwards...

That's what the Hotmetalette calls a "coffee adventure" and we do it every so often - find an interesting area, check out where the good cafes are and then we try 2 or 3 in a day. Latest was Saint Espresso in Mornington Crescent before heading up to Camden. They had a Brazilian natural on espresso which we had in milk. Lovely. Of course, paper cups and sit outside but nice to drink something I haven't made myself for a change. Decent kit too, VA Mythos and a VA gravimetric 2 group, twin EK for brewed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Evergreen88 said:

Going to London for the first time in a year, can anyone recommend a good coffee place for single origin espresso in Covent Garden / St James / Soho / Holborn?

There's Monmouth Coffee too at 27 Monmouth Street, Covent Garden. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

5 hours ago, Evergreen88 said:

Going to London for the first time in a year, can anyone recommend a good coffee place for single origin espresso in Covent Garden / St James / Soho / Holborn?

Soho - Flat White, Kaffiene, Department of Coffee and Social Affairs, Notes, Curators.

Covent Garden - Farmstand, Jacob The Angel, Monmouth, Black Penny, Drury 188, The Espresso Room.

Too many to list, great coffee is everywhere in Central London but put a few of those into Google maps once you are there and you won't go wrong.

Edited by CocoLoco

Sage Barista Express, Mazzer Royal w/ DW Kit.