aaronb

London's Best of the Best?

Rosslyn Coffee!

If you're in the city, on the junction of Cannon St and Queen Victoria St. It's a very smart place, just a coffee shop and nothing else and always excellent service.

Also noticed last time I was in there, nominated for best new coffee shop in the world (sprudgie awards).. must admit means nothing to me but got to be worth something!

Not a coffee shop but we are at Farmers Markets in Barnes (Saturday) and Stroud Green (Sunday) where I pull shots using a Londinium L1 and Vesuvius using a lever profile so you can try lever espresso there. Using Compak E10 and Mazzer Royal plus the good old Niche for Decaf.

Let us know your from the forum and you can pull a shot yourself. Although the Vesuvius uses a lever profile the shots are different. About 50/50 preference when I’ve given both to some of my espresso customers but they’re very close.

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Ponte Vecchio Lusso  Grinders : EK43 & Titus alignment tool, Compak E10, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

Its been mentioned here before Redemption Roasters in Lamb Conduit St Wc1

Whilst looking at a bag of their Peruvian beans the barista (Liv) asked if i hurry because she would config a spare grinder with their beans in a hopper.

Great tasting espresso, made on the same Compak we have at home, on their Slayer. Tried unsuccessfully to make mine at home taste as good.

When i went back the next day to buy more of the Peruvian, Liv went downstairs to find me a bag with a newer roast date on.

Any recommendations near Victoria in London, I am about 5 mins from the tube there once a week now (opposite the Jamie Oliver place for people who know the area)

Enjoying espresso & filter 

Posted (edited)

Iris and june

Notes

Coffee cart in great peter street ( just great espresso , nothing to eat)

Edited by Asgross

Tried Hagen Espresso Bar this weekend on Kings Road which was very good.

Iris and june

Notes

Coffee cart in great peter street ( just great espresso , nothing to eat)

Yep all good shouts.

Gt Peter Street cart is 'Rag and Bone' coffee, only open from 8.30 though.

Also check the 'Flat Caps' cart on Strutton Ground.

Avoid Sourced Market...good beans and machines...but random delivery from demotivated baristas so likely to be hit and miss.

Posted (edited)

+1 for Jacob the Angel in a charming little place called Neil's Yard just behind the Seven Dials Market.

With the exception of me, seems to be a hipster magnet (the yard) where everyone was sporting laced up boots, drain pipe trousers and beards. Even the women.

47608065612_758f9a68ca_o.jpg

33783522788_ec36a701c5_h.jpg

Edited by RazorliteX
  • Like 1

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

Many people may not agree but I quite like Omotesando
I agree completely.

Café Alain Ducasse is great too if you've got money to burn.

Many people may not agree but I quite like Omotesando

I quite like Omotesando as a concept shop and for sheer style and simplicity. But unfortunately, I ultimately prefer taste over all of that.

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

Shout to these guys:

https://formative.coffee/

Just off Victoria Street nr Westminster.

Really a coffee first place and some great retail choices.

I had a beautiful La Cabra batch and bought some La Cabra beans to take home (quality, quality roaster!).

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Anything of interest near either London Bridge or St James Park / The Mall?

Roasting Plant maybe?

Looking for unique / interesting experiences and tasty coffee rather than just a shop banging out square mile shots on a Slayer / La Marzocco. 

Thanks!

• Haha 1

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Just had fantastic coffee at Rosslyn Coffee in Queen Victoria St, Ec4.

The owner came over and introduced himself whilst we were looking at the beans for sale- Clearly passionate about his coffee ( origin and the barn on sale).

He gave me a taste of a great filter Nicaraguan.

Lovely thick tasty balanced blend espresso and my wife loved her latte.

Free palette cleansing sparking water.

Super friendly staff- more than everything you could hope for in a top notch cafe.

Exceptionally good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk