DavecUK

El Rocio Dual Boiler

I have one of these coming early next week, the pressure profiling one with wood (Zarre)....well I hope so, because I've little interest in testing/reviewing the other one.

http://elrocio.co.kr/eng/shop/shop_view01.php

Should be interesting.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Interesting! Not sure the three PID claim stands up! Will be most interested in your conclusions.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

looks really interesting

AKA Toffee chips

Liking that ... Envious of you !!!

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Still liking it ... It's got everything I want from a machine ... Want want want

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

Very interesting. Any info on pricing?

Nothing firm at this point and it largely depends on how it tests.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Taps look too close to the tray..

Yeah I can see how the milk wand would allow you to sit the jug on the worktop off the side and steam but the water one is low.

That looks interesting. Will you still be able to review it if you don't get a RRP?

What I mean is you could review it favourably thinking it could sit well as a challenger to the Brewtus in the budget dual boiler realm and then find out it's going to be £2500.

If they are serious about entering the market of any English speaking country they're going to have to get someone to re-work their website. I've just read the introduction part to try and find out a bit of history on a brand I was unfamiliar with and it makes little sense.

Although the only Korean I know is taekwondo, the intro was a bit weird like you say. Especially the bit where they said making coffee machines was like watching your child taking its first steps and then comparing themselves to parents marrying off their daughters!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

That looks interesting. Will you still be able to review it if you don't get a RRP?

What I mean is you could review it favourably thinking it could sit well as a challenger to the Brewtus in the budget dual boiler realm and then find out it's going to be £2500.

It's not that I don't have an RRP, for every machine tested and reviewed I have always had full sight of all the numbers..... When I test and review I do take all of this into account. Usually buyers to make their decision based on the definite RRP they see and the eventual write up on the machine. it's all about whether they like the look of it, the features and the quality level.

It is unfortunate though that a lot of people are far more influenced by how a machine looks rather than what's under the hood.

If they are serious about entering the market of any English speaking country they're going to have to get someone to re-work their website. I've just read the introduction part to try and find out a bit of history on a brand I was unfamiliar with and it makes little sense.

I don't think so, you will be buying from a UK retailer, their own website shouldn't matter that much, many coffee related companies selling through retailers have fairly uninteresting websites. e.g. Toper, Genesis, Quickmill, Izzo etc.. etc.. Of course, if you like buying marketing spin....then a manufacturer website may have more importance..

I have been quite interested to see this machine since I first heard about it....in the same way I'm quite interested to try the Aillio Roaster when it's available from retailers, assuming retailers want to stock it after Aillio have hoovered up most of the sales.

Mr El Roccio just arrived 5pm, sitting in his box in my hallway, just got to get up the energy and enthusiasm to unpack and install him in the Kitchen over the next few days.

Whoop ... I don't know why this excites me, but it does ... Fingers crossed the inside is all standard British copper fittings and Sizes

Very nice looking machine imo, just the right mix of retro styling and modern elegance. Would be nice to see a pressure profiling machine that isn't in the 'way too much' price bracket!

It must be just me but I'm undecided on the look of the machine. The side panels remind me of too many woodwork projects from my school days

a grinder a lever and some beans

Heh ... I like the look, but concur to the school wood working project.

you would have thought with all that wood they would have thrown in a matching tamper ... I guess the sort of person that buys a pressure profiling machine already has enough tampers

Plastic tampers perplex me, if you dont want to include a tamper thats up to the job then just dont include one...

"I really like the look of this 2k espresso machine that pressure profiles, but it doesn't have an included plastic tamper, so I'm going to look elsewhere..."

Izzo tried a sorrento woud frame for the Alex, to make it less ugly...I thought it looked nice, but it wasn't popular. it was dark wood and I think lighter wood would have helped. With the Roccio, I'm personally not sure about the wood, the side panels to me look a little on the thick side and I would prefer thinner wood with a steel panel underneath, possibly it would look more elegant...That said, I have not seen it in the flesh, just on a website. So I might love it?

I'm personally not sure about the wood, the side panels to me look a little on the thick side

My first thought also, they look very thick. Can't understand why that thickness is necessary at all.

Can't understand why that thickness is necessary at all.

Cheaper/younger wood that would warp if it was thin?

Stab in the dark as I'm no carpenter.

Cheaper/younger wood that would warp if it was thin?

Stab in the dark as I'm no carpenter.

Hrm well here is what I consider good looking wood side panels, maybe they aren't much thinner. Maybe it's the colour, quite a cheap 'Ikea' looking finish I guess.

gs3-pimped.jpg

Me personally I love Bakelite...

Can you imagine a machine with bakelite like these for panels and there is much more variety than this. It's the Oxymoron of a "quality" plastic (phenolic resin). I would think it would be a better long term choice than wood.

bakelite_bracelets_11.jpg