DavecUK

GUIDE: Buying a used, prosumer espresso machine

This is my advice after many many years of experience and intimate knowledge of many prosumer espresso machines.

I often get PMs asking me if a machine is any good, what should they pay are there any problem areas to look out for etc.

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/buying-a-used-prosumer-espresso-machine

Edited by Glenn
Made sticky

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

This is VERY helpful to me right now, so thank you! Every time I contemplate buying used, doubt sets in and I hesitate. But forewarned is forearmed as they say.

A great and enlightened read - cheers

keep calm and grind flat

Thanks for the advice. One of my main reasons for joining this site was to look at used equipment as I have a tight budget but appreciate good quality items. Have learned a few things having replaced a few parts recently on my 10 year old gaggia machine. I imagine water quality if the biggest issue.

Good write up DavecUK. One newbie question though, what is RO water ?

Sage Duo Temp Pro | Eureka Mignon Mk2 | Sage Knock Box | French Press | Ibrik | Airscape Canister | De Longhi ESAM 4200 B2C (dead after 4 years solid service)

Thank you. This has really helped me out.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)