IGNORED

Ceado E37S Owners Thread

fluffles

That is correct , it does maintain the setting, unless you accidently move the lever while dismantled.

Have you only tried adjusting within the movement of the lever ? You can adjust finer and coarser by releasing the two screws and moving the lever further round then refix screws.

Hmmm just had strange experience these few days... been trying to dial in a decaf from Pact and it just isn't happening, all shots are in under 15s been going finer and finer... new to this machine so not sure how much each step equates to but I was doing 1-1.5 steps each time and I'm at the point where the grinder is set so fine that nothing comes out of the chute... if I dial it all way back to my coarsest setting everything that had backed up shoots out then all is good again. Could these beans be bad that they are unusable for espresso?

Hmmm just had strange experience these few days... been trying to dial in a decaf from Pact and it just isn't happening, all shots are in under 15s been going finer and finer... new to this machine so not sure how much each step equates to but I was doing 1-1.5 steps each time and I'm at the point where the grinder is set so fine that nothing comes out of the chute... if I dial it all way back to my coarsest setting everything that had backed up shoots out then all is good again. Could these beans be bad that they are unusable for espresso?

Happened to me quite a few times. Some decaf beans are just un-workable as espresso.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the pitch on the adjuster thread must be very fine, when I first had mine I had to reposition the adjuster arm before I could get close to espresso fineness. Since then I have found that changing beans can require a major adjustment in lever position.

CEADO E37 S BASIC SETTING

For an initial starting point with clean burr's machine unplugged. Lower the top burr until you can just about rotate the lower burr with stong finger movement, back the top burr off 40 deg, this will be about as fine as you can go for espresso depending on beans.

Edited by El carajillo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Stevie-heathie. apologies for the delay I didn't receive a notification...

It was extremely odd, I tried everything advised and then decided to throw caution to the wind and change the grinder setting from one extreme to the other.

The setting hadn't been adjusted and was basically far right (tighter) where it had been happily grinding for my espresso's.

I had had enough and moved it far left and hey presto it was back working?!

This was recommended earlier on but I still cannot understand why when it was working perfectly a blockage of the chute has caused the setting to become an issue, we are not talking a notch or 2 it was nearly fully left (courser) compared to the opposite right.

It was then back to grinding efficiently for espresso again!

I am just happy its working again as it was really frustrating!!

Thanks for asking and all the help the guys offered including an offer of a phone call to try and talk it through!! I owe you all a coffee haha