fluffles

Ceado E37S Owners Thread

It should... can't really suggest anything else... the only other reason for nothing coming out is if the motor is faulty and it isn't spinning properly but think that's quite unlikely...

That is correct , it does maintain the setting, unless you accidently move the lever while dismantled.

Have you only tried adjusting within the movement of the lever ? You can adjust finer and coarser by releasing the two screws and moving the lever further round then refix screws.

On a related note, anyone know how to set a good start point for this grinder? For mazzer it was a set number of steps from the zero point was good starting point...

Just tried with the lever now and no joy

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

I could try and adjust via the screws but it doesn't really make sense to me and it was grinding perfectly prior to the block?!

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

Check one thing at a time... so remove the scc and door flap and set to a coarser setting.. there shouldn't be anything to stop the grinds coming out...

Just a DUMB question, is the burr rotating ?? The only thing that locks it to the shaft is a spring washer and the nut. If it is even slightly slack

the burr will not spin.

Edited by El carajillo

That's actually a good point... you can operate it with the upper burr off just to make sure the lower burr is spinning ok just be careful not to drop anything in and turn off pulse mode...

As above check the nut that secures the bittim burr in place, it can't really be anything else

AKA Toffee chips

Hmmm just had strange experience these few days... been trying to dial in a decaf from Pact and it just isn't happening, all shots are in under 15s been going finer and finer... new to this machine so not sure how much each step equates to but I was doing 1-1.5 steps each time and I'm at the point where the grinder is set so fine that nothing comes out of the chute... if I dial it all way back to my coarsest setting everything that had backed up shoots out then all is good again. Could these beans be bad that they are unusable for espresso?

Hmmm just had strange experience these few days... been trying to dial in a decaf from Pact and it just isn't happening, all shots are in under 15s been going finer and finer... new to this machine so not sure how much each step equates to but I was doing 1-1.5 steps each time and I'm at the point where the grinder is set so fine that nothing comes out of the chute... if I dial it all way back to my coarsest setting everything that had backed up shoots out then all is good again. Could these beans be bad that they are unusable for espresso?

Happened to me quite a few times. Some decaf beans are just un-workable as espresso.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think they have a very fine working range because on the very last load of beans I had I managed to get the one and only good pour and it was the best pour I've had in weeks lol.

Oh well back to normal beans I think...

I think the pitch on the adjuster thread must be very fine, when I first had mine I had to reposition the adjuster arm before I could get close to espresso fineness. Since then I have found that changing beans can require a major adjustment in lever position.

Stripped and checked, the adjuster screw is a 1 mm pitch (as near as I can measure without thred gauge).

This approximately equates to one division (approx 5 mm) on the rubber collar being 0.5 thou adjustment on the burr's

Cleaned out old grinds put new normal beans in and backed up the grind setting by a few steps, first attempt got 17:38 in about 34s not bad quite tasty, might dial it back a little more over the next few days :)

CEADO E37 S BASIC SETTING

For an initial starting point with clean burr's machine unplugged. Lower the top burr until you can just about rotate the lower burr with stong finger movement, back the top burr off 40 deg, this will be about as fine as you can go for espresso depending on beans.

Edited by El carajillo

Hi @Stevie-heathie. apologies for the delay I didn't receive a notification...

It was extremely odd, I tried everything advised and then decided to throw caution to the wind and change the grinder setting from one extreme to the other.

The setting hadn't been adjusted and was basically far right (tighter) where it had been happily grinding for my espresso's.

I had had enough and moved it far left and hey presto it was back working?!

This was recommended earlier on but I still cannot understand why when it was working perfectly a blockage of the chute has caused the setting to become an issue, we are not talking a notch or 2 it was nearly fully left (courser) compared to the opposite right.

It was then back to grinding efficiently for espresso again!

I am just happy its working again as it was really frustrating!!

Thanks for asking and all the help the guys offered including an offer of a phone call to try and talk it through!! I owe you all a coffee haha

Even if you make a slight adjustment finer with the grinder running it still seems to cause a backlog as if it cannot throw the grounds out.

On opening the grinder up the grounds are piled high against the wiper arms and slightly compacted, the slightest restriction seems to escalate the blockage. This is not with oily beans, there does seem to be a considerable adjustment required with some beans.

The manual does emphasize adjustment should only be made without beans in= PIA. Good grinder tho :D

The way I do it now is start very fine and work my way to the left coarser, I usually get to the correct setting after a few days since I make 1 maybe 2 a day... I've learned to take bigger steps now when it is choking whereas before I was doing half steps it was taking ages to zone in. Having different sized baskets also helps, if it is far too fine I switch to a smaller basket for a few days as I coarsen it up, just switch to using a smaller cup for the same taste :)

Totally agree with changing the setting when you are dialling in and adjusting with the beans as they mature etc

The thing that threw me was the setting went way off just from cleaning the burrs - this wasn't expected?!

All is well now though, phew!

Also if you are removing the burrs themselves for additional cleaning, make sure to put them back in the same carrier and same orientation... use a marker pen to add a dot on the carrier under the burrs so you keep the same alignment each time as that also affects the grinds...

Anyone single-dosing here and if so what method you using (tube etc?)

Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |