fluffles

Ceado E37S Owners Thread

As in the hopper?

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

That finger of metal you can see appears to be bent to one side, there is another flap behind that which can stick ( I cleaned mine today ) It means a bit of dismantling to get at it.

Just open the slider at the back of the hopper base. Your beans will then be able to get into the grinder.

I let the beans run through as usual, hopper open

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

I take it this is where you undo the other 2 screws at the front?

I've undone it, how is best to clean that part?

I've undone it, how is best to clean that part?

By the other two I presume you mean the ones holding the panel with the dosing buttons ??

I let the beans run through as usual, hopper open

In in the video there is no movement amongst the beans. This normally means Tyne flap is shut.

Next, remove hopper, look down hole, is it clear or gummed up?

That's the one, I'm trying to do 2 things at once!

I've removed it, managed to get behind the chute with a brush and currently putting it back together to try

You can follow either the ARSE mod thread or the WLL e37s SCC video on youtube for dismantling instructions... basically take top and front off taking care not to drop the exit door, vacuum it all clean then re-assemble and make sure door can swing properly. The SCC flap in front of the door stops it from swinging too open to stop grinds flying out.

You will a lot of compacted coffee behind there just now, just clean it all up and adjust the SCC open.

Thank you, I did half a job prior to the reply!

I undid the front however didn't remove the exit door/chute and just cleaned behind it with a brush.

I've put it back together and still no not, I will need to dismantle it again and and do the bits I hadn't done again.

I'll have to leave it to another day now!

Thank you again for the help

Yeh definitely clean the bit behind the door I suspect there's probably a big piece of compacted coffee there backing up to the burrs...

I would remove the 2 burrs and give them a good brush and vacuum the holders while you're at it...

It is also worth removing the lower carrier to clean the underside as sticky coffee residue sticks to the wipers, you can also clean the housing thoroughly and brush through the exit port. The carrier removal is simple as it is NOT keyed to the shaft, it relies on a spring washer under the nut for retaining.

Hold a piece of wood against one of the wiper arms and use a 13 mm open ended spanner to release the nut C/W then just lift off the carrier.

Or if no wood use a towel through the exit hole it will stop the carrier from spinning as well :)

i'm thinking buying one, do you think it's really worthy or an HG one would be better?

I've returned from being away with work and have taken the grinder through the suggested steps.

Cleaned the areas mentions and there is still no coffee being ground?

I guess the only step left is to speak to Bella Barista about returning it?

Sounds an extreme reaction and I'm not really understanding it, is the top of the chute blocked or completely clear if you open the flap fully and carefully probe upwards from the exit chute with small screwdriver or chopstick? When I first got mine I recall inadvertently creating a compacted block that needed dislodging before anything would ckme out the chute. Or is it that the burrs are virtually at touching point so that beans in the burr chamber simply can't grind?

ACS Vesuvius, Niche Zero, Dalian Amazon & assorted greens, Osmio Zero

I used some very oil beans in the past before which completely clogs the grinder burrs and chute if anything near espresso grind

Sounds an extreme reaction and I'm not really understanding it, is the top of the chute blocked or completely clear if you open the flap fully and carefully probe upwards from the exit chute with small screwdriver or chopstick? When I first got mine I recall inadvertently creating a compacted block that needed dislodging before anything would ckme out the chute. Or is it that the burrs are virtually at touching point so that beans in the burr chamber simply can't grind?

I cleaned the the chute and behind the door of the compacted coffee and took the burrs completely off and cleaned (there wasn't much to clean)

Must be set too fine if nothing is coming out.... coarsen it at least a few steps to see if it helps

Set your grind level very coarse you should at least get something coming through

I will try a course grind in the morning, if this works what is this telling me?

I want to grind fine for Espresso though?!

It will tell you that your grind setting is wrong and grinder working properly... what beans are you using? If you set any grinder far too fine you won't get anything coming out...

It will tell you that your grind setting is wrong and grinder working properly... what beans are you using? If you set any grinder far too fine you won't get anything coming out...

I totally understand that, I hadn't changed the grind setting and was under the impression the Ceado kept your present grind setting with burr removal?!

Currently using Columbian beans