fluffles

Ceado E37S Owners Thread

Brilliant, I have been running the beans through and adjusting as necessary!

Do you know why they suggest not to adjust with beans in?

(just curious)

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

Hi,

How does the Ceado E37S handle lighter beans? They seem to get stuck in the chute area once i start to grind finer in my Mazzer SJ

Not sure why but possibly because the speed. at which it grinds it could jam the beans/ grounds between the burrs and possibly stall the motor.

Hi,

How does the Ceado E37S handle lighter beans? They seem to get stuck in the chute area once i start to grind finer in my Mazzer SJ

I do not know as I am from the dark side;). Not a fan of light roasts

Do you know why they suggest not to adjust with beans in?

(just curious)

Best to run in a grinder with stale coffee beans which, if you ask a roaster nicely, they will probably send you a couple of kilos of old beans for the price of the extra postage if you are ordering some good beans at the same time. Probably.

It's ok to adjust coarser while not running, but you should avoid tightening up the grind when there are beans in the hopper and the motor isn't running because you then squish bits of bean between the burrs. This could leadto jamming and uneven stress on the burrs/bearings/motor.

For this reason, I take off the top burr and clean burrs and chamber every so often (every time I change bean plus maybe once a month ish when the hopper is empty). Then I adjust it to slightly tighter than I expect to need, drop the beans in and try to dial in going coarser. Any subsequent adjustment towards finer is made in very small increments (anyway) and always done while motor is running.

I run light roasted beans most of the time. Yes I do find that sometimes they want to kind of pile up in the chute sometimes, or build up behind the SCC flap. I have polished the chute and moved the SCC to wide open. This has helped, and the grinds land fluffy and clump-free in the basket, but with a tendency to spray around a bit - I use a coffee catcha funnel to reduce the mess/waste.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Best to run in a grinder with stale coffee beans which, if you ask a roaster nicely, they will probably send you a couple of kilos of old beans for the price of the extra postage if you are ordering some good beans at the same time. Probably.

It's ok to adjust coarser while not running, but you should avoid tightening up the grind when there are beans in the hopper and the motor isn't running because you then squish bits of bean between the burrs. This could leadto jamming and uneven stress on the burrs/bearings/motor.

For this reason, I take off the top burr and clean burrs and chamber every so often (every time I change bean plus maybe once a month ish when the hopper is empty). Then I adjust it to slightly tighter than I expect to need, drop the beans in and try to dial in going coarser. Any subsequent adjustment towards finer is made in very small increments (anyway) and always done while motor is running.

Really helpful, thanks for the adicice.

one question when you say running, do you mean initiating a grind as you adjust or just turned on?

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

I mean with the burrs spinning, so that it doesn't demand a big heap of torque to start with beans in the burrs. So, set double to 5 seconds or whatever you need, start the grinding and try to make your adjustment before they stop.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I mean with the burrs spinning, so that it doesn't demand a big heap of torque to start with beans in the burrs. So, set double to 5 seconds or whatever you need, start the grinding and try to make your adjustment before they stop.

I thought that was the case, thanks for clarifying

Joining the club, got myself a white one :)

Have you taken delivery?

If so pictures please, never seen a white one..

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

The hopper had to get sent in a separate box so should get that in a few more days

I'm looking for help...

i woke up up this morning and went to use the grinder as usual however when I went to grind no coffee came out of the chute?!

I unscrewed the burrs, cleaned it out fully and tried again... nothing

I did the same again and in addition this time adjusted it to slightly coarser.... nothing

The burrs are going around but noting is coming out, it's as if the beans aren't being ground?!

I tried adjusting the static flap and again no change?!

To add I've used a paintbrush to clean the chute as well...

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

I have now had no coffee before work :(

Do you hear the sound of the beans grinding? Check the exit flap as well as the scc make sure it is all clear

At the base of the hopper is a plastic plate that slides horizontally across the neck of the hopper. Check that it hasnt accidentally been closed. When closed it will prevent the beans dropping into the burr chamber. This did happen to me once when i moved the grinder on the bench - I must grabbed it by this part to steady the hopper and didnt realise the thing had closed!

Espresso:Rocket Cellini Evo, La Pavoni Europiccola , Grinder: Eureka Mignon,Ceado e37s Roaster: Dalian Amazon

I used the brush to make sure it was clear, I'll post a video shortly

Take the upper burr plate off and give it all a clean from up there...

I had unscrewed the initial 3 screws and cleaned it all out, do you mean after taking the top burr off actually unscrewing the top burr?

Take a picture of it with the top part off shouldn't need to remove the actual burrs

I won't be back until tonight but will do....

When I did this earlier I cleaned both the burrs before replacing them, what should I be looking for?

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

Here is a picture of the top burrs as promised

IMG_2689.jpg

I think I have worked out the issue by shinning a light, the exit chute (flap) doesn't seem to be allowing the coffee out and then it I try and lift it manually (tricky as it was) the grounds are clumpy?

Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

In your video you have the bean shut off plate closed Ie no beans can get to burr's. Have you moved it since then /