fluffles

Ceado E37S Owners Thread

Has anyone read Jeebsy’s blog he posted yesterday? http:// https://allstartedhere.wordpress.com/2018/09/10/grinders/The Anfim clump crusher looks superb - how hard would it be to retrofit something similar to a Ceado, do we think?

The SCC is doing a great job of controlling the ridiculous spray from my current beans but only projects into the middle ⅔ of the chute. That is allowing these pesky beans to squeeze through the gap on the RHS and are hitting the counter up to a foot in front of the grinder!

I have to hold the PF against the chute to catch everything, and the mound produced looks like this:

a6ab2da63c2095f7f4a966ed4d3b25e5.jpg

You can clearly see the elevated mount where the high velocity static is hitting the back of the PF.

So, big change from my above post!

I do like the look of the metal clump crusher - would help to retard the spray also.

http://coffeenavigated.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/MythosBurralignment-howto_MatNorth.pdf

@Beanosaurus - my above frustrations have got me thinking about replicating your ARSE mod.

I haven' seen a recent post - are you still running an e37s with ARSE?

I also found your link to burr alignment (above), which I would like to try Where did you buy the sticky copper tape?? Cheers

http://coffeenavigated.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/MythosBurralignment-howto_MatNorth.pdf

@Beanosaurus - my above frustrations have got me thinking about replicating your ARSE mod.

I haven' seen a recent post - are you still running an e37s with ARSE?

I also found your link to burr alignment (above), which I would like to try Where did you buy the sticky copper tape?? Cheers

@rob177palmer

Yes, my A.R.S.E. is indeed, still in action!

I feel there would be no way you'd be able to mod/retrofit the Anfim spring crusher thing unless you perhaps brought it lower down the chute but you want the crusher device to be as close to the grind chamber exit as possible because you then have enough inertia to blast the coffee grounds through it, any further down and stuff would probably clog.

You'd also likely have dimensional issues of the chute to deal with, might have been a goer if Anfim and Ceado shared the same chute component but its obvious they don't.

I have conceived an idea of using a similar 'device' as per Anfim's but it is more like a grate with uniformed spacing and horizontally stacked as that is afterall the axis of which the coffee shoots out at.

We will see... ***Insert sinister laugh***

Have a go at making your own A.R.S.E. its slightly fiddly but the results/reward ratio is high.

Copper tape was obtained from evilBay. :cool: I believe the rationale for such a material is that it won't degrade (burn) under the heat generated by the burrs nor lose it's adhesion unlike duct tape which tends to have an almost viscous stickyness to it especially when heat is involved. Also duct tape would certainly squash way more than copper and as you're effectively creating a shim you'd want it to maintain height.

Edited by Beanosaurus

Sweet - thanks for all that. I’m keen to play with alignment tonight (don’t know why hasn’t occurred before) so will have to resort to tin foil this time whilst the tape arrives.

It’ll obviously require a beer, which will precipitate an empty can...and I have no idea what I could use that for

Sweet - thanks for all that. I’m keen to play with alignment tonight (don’t know why hasn’t occurred before) so will have to resort to tin foil this time whilst the tape arrives.

It’ll obviously require a beer, which will precipitate an empty can...and I have no idea what I could use that for

Post results in my other thread if you please, cheers!:beer:

I had to bulk grind some crappy beans for a drip machine at the weekend, have to say I was a bit disappointed with how poorly the Ceado grinds at a coarser setting:

8bcb1badd68ec9166f84d50014a9afec.jpg

I know this is an espresso grinder. I just hadn’t appreciated how different this is from, say an EK, at the coarser end of the range.

All a learning curve!

You would have got better results using a blade grinder.

Londinium 1, Pharos, Ceado e37s, Gene Cafe, Aerobie

Yeah you should've seen the state of that screw by the time I'd finished hammering it in LOL!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Hi guys, I’m visiting London and Venice in April and was thinking of getting the e37s (non worm design) while I’m there. Appreciate if you guys could recommend the best (price/ sales service) place for me to get it in London/ Venice.