Jacko112

Horsham Coffee Roasters

Has anyone brought any beans from these guys?

They're just down the road from work so was fairly tempted to try & buy local.

Thanks

A machine, a grinder & some beans

I've just got a batch from my sub, not opened yet though

I've visited Bond St Coffee in Brighton (related to and with coffee roasted by Horsham) which was excellent

I seem to remember they were a DSOL roaster in the first ever subscription, I believe he is an ex pilot. If I have it right they were very good

Bradley is a really nice guy and a good toaster, pop into their shop in Brighton, or give them a call, he is really helpful

AKA Toffee chips

Cool, I'm often in Brighton for work so I'll call in & see Bradley.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I work just outside of Horsham (technically still Horsham I think) so could pop in if they are open to visitors.

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

That may help T thanks. I cover Crawley too so they're local enough for me to call in too.

These guys have saved me when I was starting out and didnt even have a grinder. Popped in, grabbed a packet and had half grounded and half left as beans.

I still think it was one of the best coffees I've ever had and since than, although things have evolved in terms of my setup, technique and knowledge I still can't get that flavour and sweetness I had from their Workhorse Blend.

::: Fracino Cherub ::: Fiorenzato F5 ::: Torr 58.6mm ::: VST 18g basket :::

Awaiting: Arduino upgrade on Gaggia Classic, some skills ;)

Just wanted to give this thread a bump. I've been working through some of their coffees here at home in the West Sussex coffee wasteland. I'm really enjoying their Workhorse blend in milk based espresso drinks. It is a very well rounded roast, so it doesn't like too much milk or the subtle flavours get lost.

They describe it as:

Nutty, chocolate body with sweet orange and caramel notes. The blend is subject to change, however we aim to achieve a consistent taste profile.

I think that's exactly right. I've also got a bag of their Pioneer, to which I am looking forward to trying soon.

Finally, I've got a bag of their Honduras finca El Caracol, which I'm saving for last. They describe it as 'sweet caramel with walnut and black cherry. Excellent for espresso.' - I'm pretty sure this is going to become my go to bean.

Anyway, long winded way of saying everyone should give them a try! https://www.horshamcoffeeroaster.co.uk/

I really need to pay them a visit, as I work 10min away from the place!

T.

Horsham roasters supplied a batch of Rwandan LSOL beans in Jan 2015 when i had a guest slot. They were pretty good if memory serves me.

Called into Horsham roasters on Monday as I'd virtually run out of beans. Managed to get a bag of Benchmark Brazilian roasted on 16th June. Work really well as a flat white & espresso. Will definitely be getting some more of these.

Was made to feel really welcome & was told that I could collect any orders in future to save postage.

Was nice to be able to just call in somewhere and pick up some decent beans.

I bought a bag of Peruivan organic last month during a day trip to Brighton, It was good but I wouldn't be buying from them for a while as I like to try different roasters or I look out for deals.

My Home Cinema: (with computers & coffee! :D ) https://grimleyplex.co.uk/

There's a coffee shop (Krema) near us that opened at the turn of the year and just uses Horsham, including Workhorse. I have had stunning coffee in there - a lovely cold brew amongst them.

About to place my first ever order with Horsham Coffee. So far I've added a bag of Daterra Santa Colombia and a bag of Workhorse to my basket.

Any other recommendations from their current range?

Thanks.

Their Kiandieri AA was amazing when I last had it.

Went with your recommendation plus added a bag of Pioneer blend to the above two. Six bags of different beans from two new roasters that I've not tried before on their way...

I've gone through around 10kg from Horsham, really friendly and helpful guys. They now have the facility to grab a "complimentary" coffee whilst visiting.

Some good pricing on kilos as well which always helps.

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

Are they still roasting everything really bright? Last time I tried them everything looked like it was barely past first crack and hardly drinkable (for me at least).

T.

Posted (edited)

If anyone is looking to order coffee I highly recommend trying this Rawandan from Horsham. I originally bought it when I was in the uk for my aeropress which I really enjoyed. I had some left over so when I got back to France I used it with the Pavoni and it makes a great espresso with orange and caramel notes. With forum discount it's only £18 a kilo which makes it the best value coffee I've ever bought but regardless of price it's one of the best coffees I've had in a long time.

https://www.horshamcoffeeroaster.co.uk/products/pioneer

Edited by Nopapercup

I bought a grinder from them which i'm  really pleased with, but as part of that purchase received a free bag of beans... Rwanda Liza Relationship Coffee, which on their site was retailing for around £10.  I really enjoyed this coffee and would very happily purchase from them again.  Definitely worth buying some beans and seeing what you think.