stuey

The Milkman, Edinburgh

The Milkman

7 Cockburn Street

Edinburgh

Searching for a good quality coffee yesterday within minutes of Edinburgh Waverley station whilst waiting for a connection.

Found this little gem within 3-5 minute walk of the waiting room.

Head out of the station onto Market street and turn right. Pass the Military Tattoo ticket shop and take the next left up into Cockburn Street. Currently swathed in scaffolding you will find a great little coffee bar selling a nice range of cakes and good coffee done properly.

An on demand Mazzer feeding a La Marzocci (couldn't see much more) with a nicely roasted coffee going in the cup.

Drink in or takeaway.

The young lady Barista paid a lot of attention to dosing and pulling the shots perfectly and her latte art in a couple of takeaway cups was superb.

Highly recommended. Have only been open four weeks.

It's a nicely done interior. Bare stone, timber and a cast concrete countertop.

The coffee is well executed and good quality too... Well the two drinks my better half and me had were good anyhow :-)

There are some excellent coffee places in Edinburgh, spoilt for choice really.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

There are some excellent coffee places in Edinburgh, spoilt for choice really.

Agreed, nice to have a choice of coffees

Will be a while until we are up that way again but anywhere in particular you recommend?

Machina espresso

Brew lab

Filament

Twelve triangles - amazing doughnuts

Mary's milk bar - amazing ice cream

Hmmmm.. I can see a weekend break happening here!

Thanks folks :-)

Looks like the app doesn't cross over to android... Oh well... Google will know :-)

I had a nicely prepared espresso last weekend. Goosedubbs from Dear Green. I had a quick chat with the owner. The Milkman name is a tribute to his Grandfather who was the local milkman (appropriately) in Huntly. No filter coffee offered at the moment but they're considering introducing the option in future.

I stopped by yesterday for a flat white to takeaway. Couldn't fault it. The steaming power of The Marzocco is awesome.

I was in on Saturday and everything was normal - great Goosedubs espresso. They are getting a new sign fitted above the door which might require temporary closure.

Sounds good, will try next time I'm in the town.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

Haven't found the milkman yet, but had a lovely flat white & espresso in the smaller of the 2 brew labs today, highly recommend

Rocket R58 - Mazzer super Jolly - MBK 585 tamper

Hi,

Anyone recommend somewhere near to Haymarket Station - Murrayfield Stadium ?.

Next trip through will be with someone who can't visit the local hostelries.

Thanks.

Staying up there for a few days next month - just need to work out the sightseeing route to take in as many of these as possible at regular intervals! Thanks for the info!!