Coffee Forums banner

The Oomph!

Tags
the oomph
29K views 97 replies 30 participants last post by  MatthewBw 
#1 ·
Did anyone else have a look at the Oomph at Cup North?

https://the-oomph.com/

I signed up for the Kickstarter launch party, got tickets through this morning, its on the 27th in Manchester, gonna use it as an excuse for a weekend in Manchester!

Its a device that is very much like the impress coffee maker, but they claim to be able to do more including pressure profiling!

Be interesting to an actual one in action on the 27th as they didn't have working ones at Cup North.

#11 ·
NickdeBug said:
I've given up on portable solutions..
This !!!!

nothing is really portable when it comes to "good" espresso .. Trying to keep water at a decent temperature, carrying s grinder, beans, hand held machine, decent cup.

and you are still limited to what you can make

its easier to take a la pavoni europiccola ... That solves the heat issue, the decent constant pressure issue and you can even steam milk

#13 ·
Saw it at Cup North, but to many folks huddled round it for me to see anything properly. Wandered off...

#21 ·
I had a look at the Oomph and at the price will be a good device for the price point.

Most details will be released after 27th Nov - due to patent applications and copyright fears ahead of launch

#24 ·
froggystyle said:
Here at the launch party!
Are they flogging them there frogster?

#26 ·
froggystyle said:
Nope. Not going to be seeing the finished article till next year, April by the looks of it.

I'll update the thread tomorrow, just on the tram heading into the city, brewdog time!!!
Enjoy the brewdog. I've just taken a punt on Kickstarter. Anyone else giving it a go??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.