IGNORED

Sold: Rosco Mini Grinder - £170.00 ONO + £10.00 delivery

aphelion

Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my beloved Rosco Mini (purchased 14th Oct 2014).

I have owned a large number of hand grinders (Lido 1 & 2, Pharos, HG-One, Hausgrind, Hario, Porlex etc.)

Simply, this is the best all round hand grinder I have ever owned.

The engineering quality is unmatched in hand grinders (with the possible exception of an HG-One).

IMG_20141114_144643.jpg

Grinder was purchased/shipped from Portaspresso Australia for £250 + approx £100 UK import duty

Condition is excellent, 1 year old, no dings or knocks (it's been cherished).

I simply have too much coffee stuff, so this is surplus to requirements.

I'm looking for £170 ono + £10 delivery

Regards

Andy

Sold to Unoll please continue via PM. Thread title updated.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

You and me both, exquisite piece of kit.

Aphelion - How did you find the grind quality and speed compared to the Pharos? I know the Pharos is a royal PITA to use at times, but just for speed and grind quality, what did you think... do the bigger burrs of the pharos help?

You and me both, exquisite piece of kit.

Aphelion - How did you find the grind quality and speed compared to the Pharos? I know the Pharos is a royal PITA to use at times, but just for speed and grind quality, what did you think... do the bigger burrs of the pharos help?

Yeah, I feel a little bit stupid letting it go to be honest :)

I never used the Rosco for espresso, and I never used the Pharos for brewed, so can't give direct comparisons in that respect.

Pharos grind quality for espresso (when it worked) was up there with the best conical grinders I've owned.

It's seriously that good!

The well documented practicality issues were what let it down for me (not sure if the new model has improved things much).

The Rosco mini is quite a different grinder, and it does it's job fantastically well.

Certainly it's a much better 'complete' grinder than a Pharos (mk1).

The aesthetics, engineering, burr alignment, adjustment is infinitely better.

In all aspects except possibly espresso grind...

You are effectively comparing 38mm conical burrs with 68mm...

I'd bet the Rosco Mini could do a pretty good job though!

Cheers :coffee:

Thanks, been looking at the Mahlgut Grist-mg1 recently, an interesting thread over on HB says it is much better put together than the Pharos, and much easier to use... and double the price. But it sits quite neatly between the Pharos and the HG-1.

I also have a Rosco Air Espresso, so the Rosco grinder was another consideration, but figured it would likely be a bit slow on the espresso front!