Sign in to follow this  
Sol1821

Does the collar match the cuffs

They don't really do it for me I'm afraid. The collar matching the cuffs reminds me of a quote from the swinging couple from Benidorm.;)

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Look good. Practical too. Might purchase a pair of the cappuccino cups.

Thanks for posting.

Watch out for the height of the latte ones, might not fit under the portafilter if you use spouts.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Never liked glassware for coffee

I serve my guests filter coffee in glass tumblers, totally weirds most of them out. Amazing how much we condition ourselves to enjoy coffee in different types of recepticle.

Tame Barista @ http://tamebaristas.com

Never liked glassware for coffee

Totally with you you on this one, as much as I love coffee, it's just not an attractive colour when mixed with milk, I really don't want to see a glass of wishy washy browny grey liquid. The times I find myself in a costa, I have to ask for my drink in a paper cup to avoid the tall 1970s style icecream glass that's scratched to bits, gah, what's wrong with a nice chunky thick walled porcelain/China cup

Izzo Vivi, La Pavoni Europiccola, Microcasa a Leva, Macap MC4, Lido E .... and a preference for the Dark Side

for me Ale belongs in glassware, coffee in some nice thick Nuova Point cups.

I still maintain, despite being well aware that glass is very inert and shouldn't impact on flavours etc etc... That an espresso out of glass tastes "worse" for my tastes, than out of a normal (ceramic?) cup.

Funny isn't it? I can't think of any good reason but it's like Coke (or beer) out of a bottle is nicer than a can, and wine served in a mug is just wrong and not as nice. On the other hand latte is often served in tall glasses (which I don't like either and prefer my big Acmes). However given the choice between a glass or a paper cup I'd probably say glass. Not sure if it's because I can taste the cardboard cup or just that it smacks of being on the go rather than relaxing. All in the mind probably.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

That's another thing - I used to pass by a really fantastic coffee place on my way to Uni and would get a takeaway espresso; frowned upon by some, but I really liked the taste - I found that it tasted great from a paper cup. I don't really drink takeaway coffee very often any more but recent trips to Monmouth in London (where you just aren't gonna get a seat indoors unless you wait) confirmed to me that coffee from paper cups is good.