Glenn

The Coffee Map

A new forum has been created to record locations of interest around the world for coffee lovers.

Use the Coffee Map tab in the main menu (or click here) to select an area of the world, find the address and drop a pin to help others locate a coffee shop, roaster or place of interest for coffee (coffee farm etc)

Where possible please enter:

Name of coffee shop or roaster

Address details

Phone Number

Web Address

**Do not use this to add your personal address details**

When a pin is saved a post is created, where you can add further details, and discuss the particular location.

Edited by Glenn

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Awesome. Much needed!

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Will the coffee map use a Pointer to show the exact location, ie where on a particular street or is it meant to simply show the general location of the place under questioning, ie the post code?

Will the coffee map use a Pointer to show the exact location, ie where on a particular street or is it meant to simply show the general location of the place under questioning, ie the post code?

Anyone can add a pointer to the map I believe. You just right click the map to drop the pointer.

@Glenn I've noticed you can't drop a pointer on top of the actual location if it's already on google. I have to click just to the side of it which is probably close enough. It would be good if there was some way to just click the existing point on the google map if the buisness is already there and let it generate a thread.

You cannot drop the pin on the actual location if it exists in Google Maps, but instead place it right next to the icon on the map.

That way a pin is shown on The Coffee Map.

You can zoom in and place the pin right on the street where the coffeeshop, roaster, farm etc is located.

Some teething troubles I think (or me),

My laptop drops a green marker whenever I move the map around and release the left mouse pointer. I saved one marker which then became blue, but I could no longer see it when I called the map back up to add details.

Profitec PRO 700 : Mazzer SJ Funnel : Heft 585 : Naked PF : La Marzocco 17g

Looking into this. Map pins I dropped yesterday are not showing either.

I've just added the brew house in Porthleven, I can see it, but can see no other pins on the map

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

Scrap that, I can't see the one I added any more either

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

Mmmmm

I added one - which popped up as a forum post..... but Glenn's link drops me into an "empty" map.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Just posted a pin on Holy Island for Pilgrims Coffee House but I suspect it wont work as no one else has had any luck. Great idea with this map though, it's much better having a visual method of looking for good local coffee shops than a list of names!

When i try the link or click on the tab it says i do not have sufficient permissions?

Gaggia Classic : Vario : Espresso Gear Tamper

OK - its beat me

Tried W10 with chrome and edge - found my marker, finally moved it a bit - couldnt see the pin unless I hovered above and then the dialogue box appeared

Tried W7 with IE, different machine - managed to drag the marker up to the Netherlands and now I cant find the marker again

Will maybe try again at some point but really struggling to drive this map stuff

a grinder a lever and some beans

Does this still work? I can't find a link except for the first post and that gives a message that this section is closed - please try again later.

It doesn't - its a nice feature though , it would be bigly good. ahem

keep calm and grind flat