Pooper

Ordered my IV (III) today :D

Exciting times!

Coming from a Gaggia Classic, I think it's going to be a pretty huge step up (and learning curve!) for me. Looking forward to a lot more consistent shots... and no more waiting for the steam boiler to come up to temp - huzzah!

Will post some pics of my new setup once the beast arrives :good::D

Well, after a lot of investigation, I finally decided to opt for the Baratza Forte AP (which also comes with the BG burrs)

Finally set the beast up :D (and cut my fingers to shreds on the undersides of the panels getting it up on the counter!)

ysokTcAl.jpg

oMIxHgy4.jpg

Nice set up but as you said , could do with a little more "real estate" = bigger bench:good:

Enjoy... I like this version (with these knobs).

KvdW Speedster - Arrarex Caravel - Conical Grinder 71 mm Robur Burr - Major -E - Alex Duetto 3 (gone) - ECM Technica (gone) - La Cimbali Domus (gone)

HG One (gone) - Robur -E (gone) - Compak K6 (gone) La Cimbali MAX Hybrid (gone) - Mini -E (gone).

Home Roasting and Ninety Plus Coffee

Very nice setup indeed @Pooper! How's the Forte treating you? Do you like it? How does it compare to other grinders you had?

Well i've only previously had an Iberital MC2 before, so I don't have a wealth of prior experience - but the Forte is clearly leagues ahead in terms of ease of use, being stepped. As for grind retention - others have mentioned that they get a bit, but i've not personally noticed that much.. again, certainly not compared to the MC2.

Only minor gripe is not being able to weigh when using the portafilter holder.. but that's not really a big issue...

Not good...unavoidable?

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Well I guess I don't have to sell it, but i have to prioritise... and a ££££ coffee setup isn't top of the list *sniffle*

Over a year later and I still have my entire setup... albeit in storage! It’s killing me that I can’t use it!

Im currently making do with the Sage Barista Express that’s at place I’m currently renting. Not quite the same... but I guess I could do a lot worse! :D

Bit like an adult santa coming waiting for a new machine to arrive :)

don't think the learning curve will be to steep but the not waiting for the steam to come to temp etc is the best thing ever ha ha. I remember the headache well lol. Enjoy!

ECM Elektronika Profi II/ Fiorenzato F83/ VST

Wow I was out of sync with this thread eh ha ha

i don’t blame you! I have just resurrected a 2.5 year old thread after all ;)

Edited by Pooper