grumpydaddy

Coffee machine is part of the fridge

Space saving? Try building your coffee pod machine into the fridge door 

I want a freezer with a milkshake maker built in!

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

Vom, built in Brazen then we're talking...

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* ? 

Not sure what makes manufacturers think they need to keep on trying to cram in additional products into fridge freezers. A coffee machine which produces hot beverages, built into an appliance whose sole purpose is to keep food/drink cold or frozen. Hmmm...one of the worst ideas ever? :rolleyes:

Thought I had seen it all...some years ago, LG put out an internet connected American style fridge freezer with built-in touchscreen. It could do your food shopping online when items were running low, play mp3 music etc. A snip at just £7,500! :D:cool:

Personally, I think a fridge freezer should be just that, nothing else. Not even ice cube dispensers. Why? Well, they might appeal to those who don't already have one but my personal opinion is that you lose quite a bit of space from the freezer (which is often already quite limited in relation to the fridge side of an American style fridge freezer) plus the ice produced is nothing compared to that which you can purchase from supermarkets (1kg for the bargain price of £1!) which is clear due to being made using filtered water and are of uniform size and shape (look waaay cooler imo compared to the oddly shaped/sized white looking ice cubes produced by fridge freezers).

North American fridge/freezer with crushed ice, ice cubes and chilled filtered water. Missed upon relocation to UK where the electricity to power aforementioned behemoth would cost best part of salary and dim the lights in the neighbourhood when compressor was operating.

Home | Sage Dual Boiler | Hario V60 Decanter | French Press | Brasilia RR45OD | Lido 2 | RB & MBK Tampers |

Office | Sowden Joe 4 cup | Rhino Handgrinder

There's an ice cube, crushed ice plus filtered water dispenser on our American style fridge freezer but it doesn't get used much. Reasons mentioned in earlier post regarding ice. And filtered water jug in fridge is far colder than the water that comes out of the filtered water dispenser mounted on the freezer door. Also, water can sit in the water pipe for days sometimes and so always requires a glass full poured down the sink prior to consumption.

It's only through living with some of these products that you learn that you are actually better off without them. My personal opinion, some people may well enjoy and rave about them to others!

I couldn't live with one here. Like you I found the water to be warmer than that in the fridge itself and the ice to be a bit manky looking. I think it may be down to power saving requirements here in Europe, whereas in North America that isn't a real issue.

Either way, I loved mine when in Canada and Saudi Arabia. It doesn't get hot enough here, power is too expensive and the filtered water isn't cold enough to make it a worthwhile proposition for me.

Home | Sage Dual Boiler | Hario V60 Decanter | French Press | Brasilia RR45OD | Lido 2 | RB & MBK Tampers |

I want a freezer with a milkshake maker built in!

I'm sure one of the Korean manufacturers did a built in ice cream maker at some point. Maybe this is your million pound idea Cam.

And as a call back to another thread:

I didn't get where I am today without recognising a completely useless machine when I see one.