Forgot to say Kapow on the Calls is also very good and worth a try. Spoiled really for choice

I’m going to walk down to Northstar next time I’m in the city and give them a go 

Edited by Mark70
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't actually want to go there, they have no tolerance.   I think the phrase "they don't suffer fools lightly" originates from there, whatever that means.   Ian

Occasionally work in leeds so have been trying a few in the centre Laynes - red brick beans, nice new place, a touch pricey. Mrs ashas - ek43, craft house beans when i have been in. This is

Lived in Leeds all my life about time I checked some of these spots out. 

Posted Images

Tried Fika North in headingley last week - was excellent, really good.

They have North Star and cast espresso beans and another I can’t remember.

I had Kenyan as americano as they said they didn’t have time to do a pour over as I went at a peak time. Tasted amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Are any of these places open with lockdown etc? Really fancy a trip to North star to 1) have my first shop espresso, 2) work out what it's meant to taste like 3) buy my next beans 🤣

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Tinkstar said:

Are any of these places open with lockdown etc? Really fancy a trip to North star to 1) have my first shop espresso, 2) work out what it's meant to taste like 3) buy my next beans 🤣

Looking at their facebook page and opening times, they are still baking and open til 3 or 4 most days 

Northstar that is, or you can call em

Edited by Mrboots2u
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

Looking at their facebook page and opening times, they are still baking and open til 3 or 4 most days 

Northstar that is, or you can call em

I ... just assumed... closed 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

a) Your options in Leeds at the moment are North Star, Laynes, La Botega.....think that's about it.

I think lack of students and no office workers means that everyone else it hunkered down until things ease a bit more.

b) what the hell are you doing on here?

39 minutes ago, sjm85 said:

a) Your options in Leeds at the moment are North Star, Laynes, La Botega.....think that's about it.

I think lack of students and no office workers means that everyone else it hunkered down until things ease a bit more.

Clearly need to take a drive to north star then 🤣

North Star is this months LSOL (although LSOL is no longer allowed on this site since the rules changed - but I'm given to believe that it will be back elsewhere). I tried it today for the first time in a V60. Not yet dialled in properly, but really tasty, and as others have said, it improves as it cools. Pineapple is noticeable. Some say a bit like Unkle Funka - I don't see that admittedly.

You should enjoy your visit.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, earthflattener said:

North Star is this months LSOL (although LSOL is no longer allowed on this site since the rules changed - but I'm given to believe that it will be back elsewhere). I tried it today for the first time in a V60. Not yet dialled in properly, but really tasty, and as others have said, it improves as it cools. Pineapple is noticeable. Some say a bit like Unkle Funka - I don't see that admittedly.

You should enjoy your visit.  

I want to go to 

A) see if I can taste what people say they taste, my taste buds might not be as sophisticated lol

B) guy some beans and ask how they are set up, temp, time, dose etc etc

C) reccomended beans for mocha  and the chocolate they use 😍

My advice from where you are is to go get some beans from Salami and Co. in Otley.

Simon who works there is super nice, and they have a house blend from Casa Espresso that is super reliable and a good starting roast for a Gaggia. Not too dark and chocolatey is the usual tasting notes.

Could even fit that into a cycle catch up if you fancy?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, sjm85 said:

My advice from where you are is to go get some beans from Salami and Co. in Otley.

Simon who works there is super nice, and they have a house blend from Casa Espresso that is super reliable and a good starting roast for a Gaggia. Not too dark and chocolatey is the usual tasting notes.

Could even fit that into a cycle catch up if you fancy?

Sorry can't tell from picture is that LBT Mr Morris? 

Yup, it’s me.

I thought you were stalking me, but actually the case against me is pretty bad:

joined same sports club

participate in same internet message board 

was present at the birth of your child

🙈

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sjm85 said:

Yup, it’s me.

I thought you were stalking me, but actually the case against me is pretty bad:

joined same sports club

participate in same internet message board 

was present at the birth of your child

🙈

This is hilarious! So amazing 🤣 I thought you would have forgotten about me. 

Bet you have a better coffee set up than me 😤 you are 3 seconds fast (was it 17.59 in the end) did you get another pb? 

Don't check out my thread in the barrista support section I'm not doing so well haha.

Hope you are really well, the miss' and I'd say the dog but it seems to hate everyone 🤣

17 hours ago, sjm85 said:

I totally ignored B) as go buy a coffee its open, but now I know its you makes more sense 🤣🤣🤣