I hope they are still doing this offer when I make my trip north next month.

grimleyplex = 2002-2019 R.I.P. :(

I hope they are still doing this offer when I make my trip north next month.

it's on every time I go in, so should be!

it's on every time I go in, so should be!

I did, ended up with a Honduras SO. Also went to Laynes by the Station.

They forgot my order so I had to remind them, the Flat white was up to Square Mile standard though.

The Laynes pop up in Leeds dock was better & the Barista made the effort to get me a couple of bags of beans from North Star Roasters next door despite being closed to the public on that day.

My last stop was LaBottegaMilanese, best Flat White of the day & also the cheapest & I went in there during 'happy hour' (1st for a Coffee shop for me)

Just tried to pop into Laynes down by the station. Looks like they're expanding into the unit next door as the place was a mini construction site. Work doesn't look too far off completion (they were closed today), and at guess it'll more than double their floor space. Good to see them doing well!

L1-P | E10 | VST | Feldgrind | Kalita

Just tried to pop into Laynes down by the station. Looks like they're expanding into the unit next door as the place was a mini construction site. Work doesn't look too far off completion (they were closed today), and at guess it'll more than double their floor space. Good to see them doing well!

They've not finished yet? I visited there almost 3 weeks ago & I told they'd be done before Xmas. Still they'll need it as it was a bit of a squeeze to find a space to drink my flat white & that was just after 9am on a weekday.

Popped into the new, expanded Laynes this afternoon. What a difference! They've now got an open kitchen/food bar, with extended food menu, and it feels so much more open and airy. Oh, and they nailed the flat white I ordered... delicious

L1-P | E10 | VST | Feldgrind | Kalita

My wife and I feel it has lost a little of its personality and the drinks are quite expensive now.

It amazes me how Cielo, just round the corner from Laynes, is always so quiet compared to Laynes. You can always get a seat & with a free V60 with any bag of beans (which are all really well priced) it's a no brainer!! I think Laynes are expensive due to the inevitable footfall on the way to the station & their reputation.

Didn't even know about Cielo - will give them a try :-)

Shows how little I know town these days

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Cielo is very good, get all of my beans from there. £22-24 for 1kg bag and 2 free flat whites. Sheaf Street is decent too, located behind the back of the Tetleys brewery, which again serves decent coffee. Both of the latter use a local roaster caller North Star, which is across the road in Leeds Docks, which is next door to another Laynes coffee shop.

Cielo is very good, get all of my beans from there. £22-24 for 1kg bag and 2 free flat whites. Sheaf Street is decent too, located behind the back of the Tetleys brewery, which again serves decent coffee. Both of the latter use a local roaster caller North Star, which is across the road in Leeds Docks, which is next door to another Laynes coffee shop.

never tried Sheaf Street. Must give that a whirl. Mrs Athas is pretty hard to beat for me. Even my 13 year old daughter approves!

never tried Sheaf Street. Must give that a whirl. Mrs Athas is pretty hard to beat for me. Even my 13 year old daughter approves!

I only came across it because Laynes used to run the kitchen. It's a really nice chilled out place with lots of space. We have spent 3/4 hours there on a Saturday afternoon with a 14 month old boy!

I only came across it because Laynes used to run the kitchen. It's a really nice chilled out place with lots of space. We have spent 3/4 hours there on a Saturday afternoon with a 14 month old boy!

Always a good test!!

Laynes all day long for me, stellar coffee and consistently voted into the tope coffee in Europe...its amazing. That kiosk in the Victoria Quarter also does a nice cup....

Laynes all day long for me, stellar coffee and consistently voted into the tope coffee in Europe...its amazing. That kiosk in the Victoria Quarter also does a nice cup....

I thought that kiosk had shut down?

I do like Laynes, but if you want to spread out with the papers, good luck! I usually head to Mrs Athas or Cielo.

I will be sure to try cielo out, ive never seen them before.

200° is definitely my favourite place in Leeds followed by Out of the Woods

LR, ZM

I’ve been trying out a few of the Leeds coffee shops lately, and I have to say that Kapow is my favourite (so far)  in town. Lovely selection of coffees, and lovely staff. It’s only small, but definitely worth a look. The best overall IMHO is North Star, down by the Royal Armouries. That place is just great all round. Really nice coffee, which they roast themselves, nice seating both inside and outside, and a decent selection of food. 

I tried Laynes, and maybe just went on a bad day, but the espresso was really sour. For reference it was Square Mile’s Red Brick. My other half had food, and she wasn’t particularly impressed with that either. 

Ive only tried Cielo in Garforth, but that was lovely too.