destiny

Group Buy - Gaggia Brass Shower plate Holder & IMS 200um shower screen

If this is the first time you'd like to participate in the group buy, please read http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?14547-Group-Buy-Rules

By participating in this Group Buy all participants agree to release Coffee Forums UK, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability and waive all rights I may have under all laws and governing bodies. By posting in this thread you agree you are entering a binding contract between the Organiser and the Participant.

As it seems like a very popular upgrade to a Classic I decided to fit the brass shower plate holder and an IMS 200um integrated shower screen to my machine.

Browsing through the forum, I stumbled upon a previous group buy thread and decided that there may be quite a few more people interested (few guys didn't make that last one) in the above upgrade, so hopefully we can make it work!

With Glenn's approval this thread is now live and orders are being taken :)

General:

To make it time and cost effective, the minimum order quantity for each of the parts is 1, so ideally we would find 15 participants for a set each.

You may decide that you'd like a set (1 of each) or that you either have one or the other and get just one of the above, but the priority will go to people ordering sets.

Obviously, it works out best if these are sold as a set, but if I'd struggle to get suitable number's for all items, the number of participants will be capped at 20 for whatever combination this may be.

Otherwise, the maximum limit of total sets to be sold is 20 (Forum rules), should we predominantly get people committing to set purchases.

Parts are new and from a UK supplier.

I would like to have the finalised list by eop 15/08 so I can place the order for delivery for Mon/Tue and than have the individual parts distributed by the end of that week.

Update (v3, 22.08.2015) - final call for participants, especially those interested in the IMS Screens or whole sets :) Sign up to be closed end of play Sunday 23rd with order being placed Monday 24.08.2015!!!

ONLY 4 SCREENS REMAINING BUT ADDING A COUPLE MORE HOLDERS SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE.

Cost & payments (inc VAT):

Brass Shower Plate holder - £10.50+p&p

IMS 200um integrated shower screen (GA 200 IM) - £9.15+p&p

which works out circa £6.75 less than buying direct (no delivery included) and is on par with the last group buy ran by @majnu.

P&P is currently estimated at £3.00 in total (2nd Class RM non-recorded + small jiffy bag) for both items. If you'd like to use a different type of postage, I am happy to get a quote.

Update (v2, 11.08.2015):

RM 1st Class with £20 cover is just short of £1.70 but has no tracking (total postage cost £2.00) while RM 2nd Class Recorded with £50 cover is £1 more (total postage cost £3.00 as previously indicated).

I've just ordered the jiffy bags as well.

1 set TOTAL: £19.65+p&p (£3 estimate) = £22.65 (approx £8.25 cheaper than buying direct) - £22.70 inc 1st class Recorded

Payment by PayPal gift or Bank Transfer only, and prior to dispatch (and before 17/08 please - not applicable - I will let you know as soon as we know how the total participant numbers look like).

Participants:

SETS:

1. destiny - 2 sets

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

3. Resurrection - 1 set - PAID

4. bclarke - 1 set

5. Batfink - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

6. Degsey - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

7. Steveop - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

8. Syenitic - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

9. Lor - 1 set - PAID AND POSTED

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder - PAID

2. Brewster - 1 holder - PAID AND POSTED

3. Kai - 1 holder

4. Risky - 1 holder - PAID AND POSTED

5. Roaringboy - 1 holder - PAID AND POSTED

SCREEN:

1. bronc - 1 screen - PAID AND POSTED

3 screens still available for sale @£9.15+p&p (£11.50 with 2nd RM Rec) - 26.08.2015

Change control:

Version 1: 04.08.2015 - First post/release

Version 2: 11.08.2015 - Up to date participants list and minor update - see red comments.

Version 3: 22.08.2015 - Participants list + sign up deadline updated - see blue comments.

Version 4: 26.08.2015 - Final price list with postage, payment/delivery update for each participant

Unfortunately, this group buy is for UK residents only and I would not be prepared to post abroad.

Ps. Please let me know if you think it would be a good idea to add pictures/video for the holder and shower screen within this post.

Ps2. I will have irregular internet access for the next few days, so please bear with me if. I will try to respond within 12-24hrs.

Edited by destiny

::: Fracino Cherub ::: Fiorenzato F5 ::: Torr 58.6mm ::: VST 18g basket :::

Awaiting: Arduino upgrade on Gaggia Classic, some skills ;)

I was just looking at these again today, convincing myself that I needed to buy a set...and then this post appeared. Perfect timing!

Definitely in for a full set. Thanks for organising!

Participants:

1. destiny - 1 set (1x holder, 1x screen)

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

Participants:

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3.Gingerneil - 1xholder

Participants:

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3.Gingerneil - 1xholder

4.Resurrection - 1 set

Expobar brewtus IV, Mazzer Royal ti burrs, Mazzer s.j, Torr 58.4 ti flat goldfinger, Torr 58.4 flat walnut, 20g VST,

Participants:

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3.Gingerneil - 1xholder

4.Resurrection - 1 set

5. Brewster - 1 holder

So this is going fairly well, but we are still a bit off the target :)

Hopefully we can get the numbers!

I will just separate the sets from individuals for now for better clarity and easier count:

Participants:

SETS:

1. destiny - 1 set

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3. Resurrection - 1 set

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder

2. Brewster - 1 holder

Can I join with just a shower screen? Shipping will be within the UK.

If yes:

Participants:

SETS:

1. destiny - 1 set

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3. Resurrection - 1 set

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder

2. Brewster - 1 holder

SCREEN:

1. bronc - 1 screen

Sure, no problem.

Are these easy to install? Didn't find much info which makes me assume so! If so sign me up for a set please

All you need is an allen key and a screwdriver. It's very easy to do.

Well, the screen is only held by a single screw for which you'd need a philips screw driver (short handle). For the shower plate you need to undo two allen socket screws for which you'd need a size four key (from the top of my head).

It is fairly straightforward job, that should take about 10min.

If you're still interested, I will add you to the list.

Sign me up please

Copy and paste the most recent list and add your username to it under the parts you would like

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

SETS:

1. destiny - 1 set

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3. Resurrection - 1 set

4. bclarke - 1 set

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder

2. Brewster - 1 holder

SCREEN:

1. bronc - 1 screen

SETS:

1. destiny - 1 set

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3. Resurrection - 1 set

4. bclarke - 1 set

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder

2. Brewster - 1 holder

3. Kai - 1 holder

SCREEN:

1. bronc - 1 screen

SETS:

1. destiny - 1 set

2. timmyjj21 - 1 set

3. Resurrection - 1 set

4. bclarke - 1 set

HOLDERS:

1. Gingerneil - 1 holder

2. Brewster - 1 holder

3. Kai - 1 holder

4. risky - 1 holder

SCREEN:

1. bronc - 1 screen

So.. so far, we have 8 holders and 5 screens, between 9 people and about a week before I was planning for them to be delivered to myself.

I was hoping this would be a little bit more popular, as now we would either have to wait a bit longer to get enough people or I'd need to keep quite a few units. Anyway, we shall see how it goes and I may hold fire until Mon/Tue next week to make the call, but please let me know guys how long are you prepared to wait if the numbers don't get past 10-12 of each.

Edited by destiny

Just finished updating the opening post as well.

We have two postage options: £2.00 for fast with no tracking and £3.00 for slower, but with tracking.

Thanks. I'm not in a huge rush and happy to wait. Time scale of waiting doesn't concern me much, but anything over 1 month would be a bit too long.

Can I still get in on this? If so, can you put me down for a holder, please.

I assume the brass version is exactly the same dimensions as the standard one, and my existing IMS screen will transfer over?

Sage DTP / Mazzer Super Jolly / Custom Torr Trapez Convex 53.5

V60 (x3) / Hario Mini Mill