destiny

Gaggia Classic - Brass Screen Holding Plate / Dispersion plate

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a place in the UK where I could get one?

Thanks!

Edited by Jon

::: Fracino Cherub ::: Fiorenzato F5 ::: Torr 58.6mm ::: VST 18g basket :::

Awaiting: Arduino upgrade on Gaggia Classic, some skills ;)

Yeah - but how's the fit between Italia and Classic? unless Italia is not meant to be the model ;)

Yeah - but how's the fit between Italia and Classic? unless Italia is not meant to be the model ;)

I think it'll fit, though you could always contact @gaggiamanualservice.com on here, as he might have one?

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I assumed the Espresso services brass plate was the one that people got with the group buy (last year?). I was considering getting one too, so any comments on it would be greatly appreciated!

It makes a world of difference.

So much easier to keep clean without any buildup of that black sludge that keeps coating the original plate

Ron 

I assumed the Espresso services brass plate was the one that people got with the group buy (last year?). I was considering getting one too, so any comments on it would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone confirm this please?

Can anyone confirm this please?
@majnu group buy was sourced from espresso services looking at that completed thread

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Thanks @Mrboots2u !

Once I get my post count I'll finally look at the thread :)

I bought one last year from Espresso Services. Just checked the order sheet, it was part no ES10272 which is the brass one on their website. Fits OK and works like a dream.

I know this is an old thread, but figured it was tidier to add on. What's the current thinking on these? I know there have been issues, was it one particular brand? Is there one that is the same shape as the original? (I believe slightly conical rather than cylindrical?) That does the job properly.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

I am currently using one from Shockwaves store ebay. It needed modifying to take an IMS screen, as the central screw hole has a raised section around it that needed lowering to accommodate the screen. I just did it with a large diameter drill. It is a similar diameter to the original aluminium versions largest circumference, so the group seal is held in nicely, which was an issue with my old brass one.

It is still early days for testing it out, but I like it so far after 2 days use.