Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Nespresso Capsules/Pods - where is the cheapest place to buy them?

I have been handed an empty box that contained Nespresso Roma Capsules/Pods, and asked to find out where the best place is to buy these.

The question has been posed on behalf of my wife's work colleague who has a Nespresso machine at home.

Web links would be appreciated as mail order is her preferred purchase method

The best link is now here

Edited by Glenn

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

You can only buy them direct from Nespresso, which is why they make so much money from the system.

@ AlexV not strictly true - a number of people are selling these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-NESPRESSO-PODS-5-X-10-PICK-YOUR-OWN-MIX-UK-SELLER-/150461526067?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item230834b033#ht_1717wt_907

This is not a recommendation as I haven't bought from this seller but just to point out that alternatives do exist.

Thanks both, I thought this was the case but at least she has the options

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hi Glenn,

I get asked this question on average three times a day!

Nespresso boutiques sell the capsules if your wife's work colleague would like to buy them from a bricks and mortar shop. There won't be any freight charges that way too. Harrods and Selfridges in London have Nespresso boutiques in store, and just off Brompton Road there's one too.

Here is a link to the Nespresso store locator.

Jon

Edited to add P.S. Just re-read your first post which makes my post a bit unnecessary! Must read posts properly in future...

Edited by JCSweden
Re-read first post.

I sold them until last week when I left the company and haven't yet joined my new company.

While I am here typing, do you have a forum for coffee vending?

I guess cheapest places are these

eBay

Amazon

This is a resurrected old thread and there is new information since this thread was first posted: Since Dualit won a court case over it's capsules which are compatible with Nespresso machines, the market in compatible Nespresso capsules is pretty much an open door. For example 23p each from http://finecoffeeclub.co.uk/

Edited by Anthorn
bad link removed

Bialetti Moka Express; Clever Coffee Dripper; Vietnamese Phin drip filter; Hario Skerton burr hand grinder; Krups GVX2 burr grinder. R.I.P. Chemex gone to Save The Children charity shop.

How does the quality compare to official nespresso pods? Better, worse, similar?
I would say it is the same, if not better. What I was most impressed about was the number of different blends and flavors they have.

For Some popular coffee capsules: https://www.deleted link

Are you connected to that business? If so are you a forum sponsor?

The forum advertising rates are available if you want them.

Edited by Daren

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Are there Antarctic roaster? Sounds like a niche market!

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Anyone knows any popular forums more coffee pods / coffee capsules orientated ?

Why would you need a forum to discuss how to extract a pod?

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

So you can sell them.....

Probably best to set up an eBay account then.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

So you can sell them.....

Yep - That's the jist. The poster is looking for an appropriate forum who are fans of pods.

I'm not aware of any?

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Hi everybody, we're on Kickstarter start-up, looking for coffee addicts that use a Nespresso machine, and like to have a different (which means: your choice), fresh, sustainable and cheaper alternative to common pods for Nespresso system:
Bluecup
. This topic may be of interest to you.

You can refill Bluecup at least 100x
with your favorite espresso grind

With a good quality of grind, a cup of espresso with Bluecup costs
50% less
than Nespresso, and about
20% less
than other disposable capsules. Bluecup comes in at least two capsules with foils, a spoon for easy refill and a device to close and twist foil on the capsule: it's called a
cupcreator
. Ready-made capsules are for direct use or can be stored in an airtight container.

Bluecup has been extensively tested: although taste is personal, the quality of a fresh made espresso by Bluecup is stunning, based on body, crema, colour, aroma, taste and length of taste. This is due to a good fit of the durable capsule with common non-built-in Nespresso systems.

We get many enthousiastic reactions as we see there is a market for, but are aware we're in a niche market. We are now building audience, also through bloggers and consumer panel testers.

We are in need of crowdfunding. If crowdfunding succeeds, Bluecup is ready for production. I think you all are very familiar with
Kickstarter
(as for our local friends it’s a new adventure). It’s now possible to pledge one or more Bluecup sets on
Kickstarter
until the end of September
. We want to be fair with you: Bluecup is compatible with all common EU non-built-in Nespresso systems. Since Nespresso has introduced recently a new machine called Vertuoline, were not sure Bluecup ís compatible with that machine. However, we look forward to invent on that as well.

Hoping to have raised your interest; if you have any more questions please let us know.

Warm regards,

Mike

Note: Where I have written “
capsule
”, you might read “
pod
”. It is defined as an alternative for common cups for in Nespresso systems.

Bluecup

Facebook

Twitter