IGNORED

Compak r120, is this the best grinder you can buy?

coffeechap

having owned and used A LOT of grinders, including most of the top end ones, I have settled on the compak R120, why you might ask? Well I know it is a behemoth weighing in at over 30 kgs and it is plain huge and impractical for a kitchen (unless you you just don't care), but I have been getting the most crystal clear of shots from this beast and as a bonus that clarity continues into brewed methodology, fruits are in your face, bold and beautiful a touch of sweetness but so clean.

It transcends all roast levels and will even grind for Turkish, there really is nothing grinder wise that this cannot do. So I open this thread for those that have it to discuss the beast and what we are getting from it and for those that don't to ask as many questions as they like

image.jpg

Love this image from frans

image.jpg

Just love the chain adjustment mech

image.jpg

Edited by coffeechap

Pretty much zero

Under what circumstances?

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

so,why have these not caught on then, or are they just starting to?

In a race between a donkey and a horse, to see who could reach the bottom first..........one side has a commanding lead

so,why have these not caught on then, or are they just starting to?

they are not discreet and I am guessing this may have something to do with it fitting into a domestic setting . A bit akin to parking a dalek in the kitchen .

it is as they say a beast of a grinder !!!

I was gonna ask about that with the size of the hopper!!! So that's just off permanent or you single with weight in hopper?

No weight required with this bad boy just the beans you want to use, I leave the hopper on, spence has been plying using an aero press funnel

they are not discreet and I am guessing this may have something to do with it fitting into a domestic setting . A bit akin to parking a dalek in the kitchen .

it is as they say a beast of a grinder !!!

Yep totally with you, it is a grinder for someone who is in charge of the kitchen!

Ah, OK that explains why it isn't often mentioned. (R140)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.