Sign in to follow this  
Rob1

Mahlgut MG-1 Conical hand grinder. Expression of Interest

Group Buy Rules: read before posting in this thread: http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?14547-Group-Buy-Rules

By participating in this Group Buy all participants agree to release Coffee Forums UK, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability and waive all rights I may have under all laws and governing bodies. By posting in this thread you agree you are entering a binding contract between the Organiser and the Participant

I've been in contact with the maker of this grinder over Facebook after seeing a post on their page advertising a motor and mount they will be releasing in August to go with their hand grinder.

They haven't sold many outside of Germany yet, but the few reviews and comparisons I could find on the web came from kaffee netz and the indication is the grinder compares to the rosco very well in terms of consistency and to the lido on a coarse grind. My impression is it is very similar to a Pharos with voodoo daddy mods but with greater precision due to all parts being machined professionally with those famous German tolerances.

In in terms of price it is quite expensive but works out about equal to a modded Pharos after tax and import fees (if it's even possible to get the Pharos modded by voodoo daddy anymore).

To cut it short: the maker has told me there will be a discount for three or more purchases in countries that are not on their map (they have a map on their website of which countries they have sold to). So I've brought this to the attention of the forum and this seemed the most appropriate place.

As I have not been here for very long I can't be the organiser of any potential group buy, so I would need a trusted member to step in and take it from here. Once the number of interested people is confirmed the seller can figure out the cost and we can decide whether or not to proceed.

The discount offered is €50 on each grinder if purchasing five or more. A small saving and he is currently talking with the transport provider to find out the cost for delivering multiple items within the UK. The price quoted is £416 (€587) without German Tax. The grinders delivered with be anodized silver.

Link to the website: http://mahlgut.eu/

Videos:

mahlgut-mg-1.jpg

Edited by Rob1
To add pricing information.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

can you just reveal the expected price for us and indicate the discount

749 euros

As I said, the maker (Michael) wants the number of grinders required before pricing but I've just sent him a message requesting an indication of the 'steps' I.e 3-5 for €x.xx, 5-10 for €x.xx

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

More details on the motor would I'm sure, help the case.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Sorry if this was unclear. The motor and mount they release in August is not included in the group buy. I haven't brought that up with him.

Thanks Rob. I think the motor is important. It's a big differentiator from the Pharos. (Which this resembles not a little.)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Message reviewed

Expression of Interest at this stage

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I could be interested but it sounds a little expensive to start so wondering if it would end up being attractive and hard to know how good it is. Has anybody on here tried it?

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

I could be interested but it sounds a little expensive to start so wondering if it would end up being attractive and hard to know how good it is. Has anybody on here tried it?

There are reviews available from here: http://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/mahlgut-1-erfahrungsberichte.89146/

If you can stand the google translation or understand German. ;)

There are reviews available from here: http://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/mahlgut-1-erfahrungsberichte.89146/

If you can stand the google translation or understand German. ;)

I've asked my dad if he could have a look, he's much better at German than me :-)

Edited to provide pricing information. A small discount but better than nothing.

Hi Rob1, sorry, I won't include myself in this for the moment. I didn't get any feedback from my dad yet (just to say it isn't because of anything that I've read about the grinder) I just need to accept that I can't buy every single thing that I see and this is my attempt to start doing that :-).

Hope it goes well! They look very nice.

I know the feeling. I usually ignore it.

I think I am going to pass as well but thank you for your work on this

Sign in to follow this  

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)