MartinB

SOLD - Gaggia Classic: Boxed in VGC, descaled, new seals, Silvia steam wand, OPV mod

As per the title, for sale here is a Gaggia Classic (pre-Phillips takeover) in very good condition.

Work done this week:

• Group head seal replaced
  • Boiler seal replaced
  • Boiler descaled
  • OPV mod (OPV adjusted to 10 bar - ideal pressure for brewing espresso)
  • Brand new Rancilio Silvia steam wand fitted - this is seen as a sensible & must-have upgrade for the Gaggia Classic to produce decent microfoam

The chassis in in VGC, i've given it a quick polish with Brasso this evening - with a little more effort it will be spotless! There are a few marks that will easily polish out with a bit of elbowgrease. There are no dents or deep scratches. It's an Italian model with the larger (and more reliable solenoid)

Sold with the following:

• Unpressurised single & double baskets
  • Original Gaggia tamper
  • Instruction manual
  • Power cable
  • Portafilter
  • All in the original box

20150703_221448%20Large.jpg

20150703_221707%20Large.jpg

20150703_221829%20Large.jpg

20150703_222011%20Large.jpg

20150703_222515%20Large.jpg

20150703_222447%20Large.jpg

20150703_222424%20Large.jpg

£150 - Collection welcomed from Oxford, OX1. Can post for an additional £12.50

Edited by ronsil
now sold

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Martin - If still for sale can you consider a deal on this?.

I need a replacement Classic for a Family member. I have a Classic which has just blown up, (see Gaggia Sub section) but otherwise in excellent condition with Silvia Wand. I have well maintained this Machine with a regular monthly descale.

How about swapping this machine with yours. You pay the postage to send your Classic to me & I pay the postage sending my Classic to you. Would use your packaging to return mine. Would think £125 would be fair with you ending up with a Machine that needs attention but at a very good price.

What do you think?

Ron 

Hi Ron, that sounds good to me.

I would be happy to send you mine (minus accessories) and you keep your accessories and I keep mine.

That works with me. Earliest that I can now post is Monday. It would be via DPD and next day delivery. (Given up on UPS after the delays with the grinder :) )

Martin

1995 'Coffee Gaggia' with full Gaggia Classic conversion, DIY PID Controller, OPV set to 9bar, Silvia steam wand, Botomless PF, VST 15g Basket, Motta 58mm Tamper and Ascaso I-Mini grinder

Thanks Martin - I will now mark as SOLD & we can go to PM.

Will pay you when I get back later today. Let me have payment details, save me looking up our last transaction.

Ron 

E-mail address removed. Not wise to put this in public. Share it via PM instead. - risky

Edited by risky

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)