Sign in to follow this  
shabana19

Chai latte

Hi all

anyone recomed and good chair latte am spending £3 every morning at my local coffee shop

cheaper to make my own

thanks in advance

Asda has it for sale.

:: Rocket R58 :: Mahlkonig K30 :: Mazzer SJ-E :: IMS 18g :: VST 18g :: Push Tamper :: Torr Tamper :: Motta 0.5ml :: Ohaus Navigator XT :: Loveramics ::

Buy some good chai, I've used the tea pigs stuff before let it steep in a little bit off water, maybe 6Oml

flill with steamed milk, if you have coffee machine, cinnamon on top job done

I use the 'Drink Me' stuff in tins, they do different ones (the light version isn't as nice though). We get the spiced and the vanilla versions. You're supposed to add half water, half milk but I like to steam some on the Classic and just use that.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I prefer to drink white tea because it offers show many health benefits. It can reduce blood sugar levels, helping to prevent or alleviate diabetes symptoms.

I use a bog standard tea bag or 2, boiled in a small milk saucepan. Then throw in a cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and stuff. Or at a pinch I maybe add s bit of "chai masala" (spice mix for tea). Tip in a bit of evaporated milk (or ordinary milk) and boil it up a bit longer until the spice flavour permeates the drink. It's not 'refined', but the 'stewed' taste of it is reminiscent of the chai served by chai wallah in India (so I am reliably informed by someone who has experience).

I do not claim any health benefits for it!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I use the "Drink Me" spiced stuff also, I mix some powder with a little water and mix to a paste, and then pour through steamed milk.

seems to get very food feedback from customers, including some who seem to be real chai connoisseurs haha.

Life is to short for bad coffee.

I use a bog standard tea bag or 2, boiled in a small milk saucepan. Then throw in a cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and stuff. Or at a pinch I maybe add s bit of "chai masala" (spice mix for tea). Tip in a bit of evaporated milk (or ordinary milk) and boil it up a bit longer until the spice flavour permeates the drink. It's not 'refined', but the 'stewed' taste of it is reminiscent of the chai served by chai wallah in India (so I am reliably informed by someone who has experience).

I do not claim any health benefits for it!

Ohh thanks! I must try this!!

I love a good authentic chai latte!

A good friend of mine is from the beautiful sunny Goa and she makes a delicious chai latte for me when I visit - it is like some motherly love in a cup. :) But I do agree with Foussongin above that a genuinely lovely chai latte means getting up at least 10 minutes earlier.

I've posted a recipe I use on my blog: https://www.eastcottandburgess.co.uk/copy-of-yunnan-vanilla-milk, but the idea is, in my personal opinion, that it is better to just buy a base tea you really like (it is likely to taste better than the powdered tea in the shop chai latte, so it will add a complexity of flavour to your drink), mixing some chai spices up and vanilla pod to store in a container and in the morning, just heating up some milk/ cream and dropping the leaves and spices in to infuse (perhaps in a muslin bag to avoid needing to strain) and adding honey to taste. This is so much more delicious, authentic and special than what you get in a shop and will have a lot less of the harmful sugar and chemical flavourings often found in shop-bought premixed chai lattes.

But I do agree this is time consuming in my opinion, so I either do this on special occasions or when I am feeling particularly motivated and optimistic! :)

Yulia. X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our tea bottega: www.eastcottandburgess.co.uk

A proud co-owner of my family-run artisan tea company, called the Eastcott & Burgess Tea Bottega.

Inspired by my English grandparents, their life-long, unwaning love for tea and by the beautiful countryside of Surrey county.

Our aim is to inspire and to make this world a happier place through tea.

I like a good one too, hard to come by one lately

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium