inclined to agree RE milk texture; just makes it a bitch when you're practising for the latte art smackdown on the DB and then suddenly you're on a strada and all bets are off..

Tame Barista @ http://tamebaristas.com

Whats wrong with the smart Grinder Pro?

Sage DB, Sage Grinder, Sage knock box (boring, boring, sorry) but new Knock heft 585

There are far more capable grinders available, especially if you're open to second hand ones for around the same value as a brand new Smart Grinder Pro costs.

I think it depends a bit what your hopes are for your coffee. They give it away free with the DB so should give you an idea is not the best. I found it was very clumpy when trying to get a fine grind and I wasn't happy with results. So I sold it and got much higher end grinder. No harm in trying it to see what you think apart from if you wanted to sell it as unused and put the money towards something better. I didn't use with a Sage DB though

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

The free grinder via leaflet redemption is also the older (BCG800UK and not newer BCG820UK) model.

Thanks for advice, but I'll try it before I upgrade - looking forward to improvement to illy pre-ground coffee which is much better than Nespresso was...

Sage DB, Sage Grinder, Sage knock box (boring, boring, sorry) but new Knock heft 585

So the wife wants the barista express. I'm trying to persuade her into a espresso machine and separate grinder. Thus will be our first proper machine instead of a cheap delonghi and pre ground beans. Will the Express make a good coffee and is there any difference in the dial temp and express machines apart from the grinder?

my worry is we get this to save space (tiny kitchen) and not be able to get the grind right are there any good small grids I ca pair with a decent espresso machine