Canyon fodder

Foundry Coffee Roasters

Just noticed there isn't a roast date on my bag, anyone else get the same?

Mine was roasted Fri 18 Sept and arrived Mon 21st. Mine has the date written on the back of the bag at the top.

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Just noticed there isn't a roast date on my bag, anyone else get the same?

Oops, that's weird. Must have missed that somehow. If you tell me when you ordered, I can tell you the roast date. We're three times a week these days.

It's a different crop this year . From what I can tell so far from a couple of coffees from roasters it's not entirely same this is no bad thing tho . Seems to be an added creaminess , little less funk , bit easier to extract

Agree with this. Still fiddling a bit with it. It is easier to get solubility without sacrificing the nice blue fruit in this bean but we're still tweaking to see if we might be able to sacrifice a tiny bit of that solubility in the pursuit of bigger fruit. Too early to tell on the roast from yesterday whether this has entirely worked. Yet more testing this weekend after the coffee has had a few days rest.

Oops, that's weird. Must have missed that somehow. If you tell me when you ordered, I can tell you the roast date. We're three times a week these days.

That would be good, I ordered on Thursday at 12:19 :)

Little elf who fills in the boxes must have been too busy enjoying the tasty coffee and that one must have somehow slipped pass him?!

What''s the antique machine hidden away there?

It's a one group Brasilia I think. It doesn't work at the moment but it will do soon. The buttons are great and with some new paint and a good going over, it should be a really cool little machine.

Got my rock bottom rocko sitting waiting for me when I got home yesterday :-)

So I've knocked out a couple of V60s last night and this morning......

Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmm!!!!

Oh how I've missed lighter beans!!!

These are the best cups I've had, literally, for months while I have languished in DSOL wasteland....

I am going to enjoy working through these :-)

Expect an update on my syphon virgin thread - cos I am gonna put some of these through!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Well I'm still not getting anything interesting from this bean. The strawberry notes quickly disappeared a few days after roasting. This was the main flavour I could detect. I've tried every brewing method known to man and RM just tastes very bland to me. Weird as this bean is wildly popular. Very frustrating.

Nuvo Eco ceramic roaster | OE Lido 2 hand grinder | Hario V60 | Hario TCA-3 Syphon | Impress Brewer | BonaVita Immersion Brewer | NotNeutral Gino Dripper

My Flickr Photostream

Well I'm still not getting anything interesting from this bean. The strawberry notes quickly disappeared a few days after roasting. This was the main flavour I could detect. I've tried every brewing method known to man and RM just tastes very bland to me. Weird as this bean is wildly popular. Very frustrating.

So say v60 - what dose in and water out at what temp? We might be able to help extract a tastier drink for you. What kind of bean normally gets your tongue wagging ? Africans ? Americans ? Naturals ?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

hmm your frustration is frustrating me! I agree with below comments, perhaps explain your process a little? How are you storing beans? If you're noticing obvious flavour fading after a few days, that seems odd.

Bland is one thing Rocko Mountain aint'.

Just finishing up my first Foundry order - I get why people love the Rocko Mountain but the Guatemalan is even better!

Tried the Guatemalan, just beautiful, salted caramel meets green and blacks chocolate. 16gs with slightly shorter pulls than Normal at around 28 secs (94degrees)

http://www.foundrycoffeeroasters.com/shop/fresh-coffee-beans/el-paraiso-colombia/

Ok so the Coumbian , - yeah its a coffee - coffee , but its treacle - dark chocolate and versatile . Will make a lovely comfort Capp as well as a gluggable filter ...:)

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Just opened the last batch of the Rocko. I had forgotten how good this is. Currently also on Redbrick and found same grind setting but updose from 19 to 20 and a longer shot of 38g. Really nice to have two beans on the go with no adjustments🏻

Rocket R58 & Versalab M3

Ok I need to try the Rocko. I've emailed Foundry for the discount code but I'm impatient :). Anyone in a position to PM the current one?

Ok I need to try the Rocko. I've emailed Foundry for the discount code but I'm impatient :). Anyone in a position to PM the current one?

In the meantime, we have decided to release a limited quantity of our current Rocko Mountain with 50% off. The code to enter at checkout is 'rockbottomrocko' - it is applicable to 1kg of Rocko Mountain only and will work for 50 orders. Thanks for your patience all.

Hi Tewdric

From memory I think the code is a combination of code and unlocking your account to accept it. Lee is normally quick on the draw with this so may not be too long a wait.( refers to the regular forum discount rather than the rock bottom rocko above :-))

Hope of help

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

That'll teach me for not following the thread properly :)

Thanks Doubleshot - 2kg duly ordered which should be enough to work out whether I like it or not!

New Rocko mountain avaialble to order on the Foundry site and whist not sure of the cut off for Today (thursday 15/10) roasting, just ordered a kilo hoping may get in in time.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

I'll be interested to try the new Rocko when space in my coffee cupboard allows. I recently tried (via cupping) the same new crop roasted by a local roaster here - it was truly wonderful and there was a real hit of pineapple as it cooled. I don't see that mentioned in the tasting notes so I guess it could be a case of different roast = different flavours.