Canyon fodder

Foundry Coffee Roasters

I think the discount system the offer is pretty fair, they have to make a living and they must spend a fair amount of time sourcing the quality coffee they offer and then getting the roasting profiles correct...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I get what you're saying, however I now use a few different roasters and don't use foundry any where near as much as I used too. This is no criticism of their roasting, I still enjoy them.

But when I can get offers and discounts off others I use then I typically will go with them.

My point was highlighting more to the fact that as a collective forum we direct a lot of traffic their way so a discount on occasion wouldn't be a bad thing. And the fact they are asking specifically for help to promote them currently, again, as a collective we are helping. So a bit of a benefit would be mutually beneficial for both.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I must admit I'm a huge fan of their Rocko as Lee well knows! As such I soon rack up a decent enough loyalty discount which keeps me happy. I've also upvoted it on the shortlist, it's #1 by a country mile - hope that doesn't mean we run out again next summer!!

___
Eat, drink and be merry

• Like 2

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I must admit I'm a huge fan of their Rocko as Lee well knows! As such I soon rack up a decent enough loyalty discount which keeps me happy. I've also upvoted it on the shortlist, it's #1 by a country mile - hope that doesn't mean we run out again next summer!!

___
Eat, drink and be merry

It’s never easy deciding what approach to take with any of this stuff. The loyalty points system gives exactly the same amount of discount as the forum code used to. The difference being that it opens up that same discount to people that buy coffee regularly from us.

Our business depends on repeat custom as new customers aren’t easy to acquire and so that’s why we took the decision to reward the regulars. I totally get that some people like shopping around for the best offers, and that’s fine - but those aren’t necessary the customers that we want to focus on. Discounts and the like are only useful from a business perspective as a way of getting people to try us out the first time (and they can even end up loss-making) but as I say, it’s the repeat customers that make our business viable.

We don’t even offer free shipping discounts codes or anything similar anymore. The only discount we offer at all is a one off 10% code for joining the mailing list. Nothing else. We’re trying to focus instead on keeping prices as low as we can for the regulars.

Thanks to everyone who has clicked the link and voted for our beans, that stuff helps us to reach new people at low cost. We try and support the forum as much as we can. We pay several hundred pounds a year to advertise and I spend a fair bit of time answering messages from forum members about various things too. If there are other things we could do, I’d be happy to look at those.
  • Like 4

I've just started my Rocko greens that I roasted recently, really happy with the blueberry notes.

• Like 1

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

I've just started my Rocko greens that I roasted recently, really happy with the blueberry notes.

Yeah, this years crop is the first one where I’ve found such big blueberry notes. I think this years crop is the second best one after that very first one 5 or 6 years ago.
  • Like 1

___
Eat, drink and be merry

Thank you - I really appreciate it. I’m really hopeful that we’ll get through till next crop. We bought almost twice the amount this year!
  • Like 1

Yeah, this years crop is the first one where I’ve found such big blueberry notes. I think this years crop is the second best one after that very first one 5 or 6 years ago.
I think the same- in filter this years crop is blueberry insanity. Definitely preferring it to last years. Also agree that the bean 5 odd years ago was insanely good- and probably the best I've had of rocko. The kilo from my last order finished today!

Arcangel is immense too- incredibly delicious.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That one 5 years ago was a revelation. I remember tasting it and almost falling over as I ran to found Ian (in his den) to 'come quick and try this'!!! And 2 years ago, it was superb. Well, it is every year but some seem to stand out - this latest one is, I agree, up there with the best yet!

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband