Canyon fodder

Foundry Coffee Roasters

Soon as the dates/details are announced i'll be in touch - Foundry x All Started Here would be rocking!

We're in the interesting position of (in the near future) having two different crops of this bean on offer. The new Rocko Mountain is only days away from being with us, maybe a week or so to get the profiling sorted. I think we're going to offer both at the same time as it'll be interesting to see what the differences are, and which people prefer. I'm hearing good things about the new crop so super excited to try it out.

@foundrycoffeeroasters.com

Lee, any update on the new Rocko crop? I'm due to re-order again and wouldn't mind holding out for an A/B comparison purchase.

Edited by Doozerless

Yes! It's arriving on Thursday! It'll probably be a week or two before we've profiled and tested etc but I've heard great things about the new crop. I'll update on here as and when things are progressed.

Lee any chance of moving away from using Hermes for deliveries? It takes bloody ages to get the parcel, order placed on Mon, send out straight away and the earliest I can get it is tomorrow (assuming they pull their fingers out of their asses).

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

I usually get a Saturday roast on a Wednesday with MyHermes. Plan ahead.

If you need stuff more quickly you can pay extra for fast postage.

Standard for 350g packs is 1st class according to the website. Options start at 2nd class RM, which is what I assumed the free delivery would be, but it ended up as Hermes which is probably slower than walking the thing yourself.

Curious to see if Hermes is cheaper than RM 2nd class for various weights, if I could I would always go for RM, Hermes is useless imho.

T.

Ah, I wish I knew that the free delivery was so slow. I'll probably have to wait two weeks to get the coffee to me in Bulgaria :( How can shipping within the UK be so slow? It takes my forwarding service a week to deliver my stuff to Bulgaria - that's around 1500 miles.

Generally speaking shipping within the UK is good, quite easy to get majority of items next day, this is including standard post. Issue is with Hermes which is a budget courier company and delivery with them can be quite random, Ive had stuff delivered within 2 days and stuff that took more than a week.

T.

Hermes is supposed to be within 3 working days. It's a difficult one with orders over 2kg ( which includes overs of 2kg coffee when you have the box). Next day on small quantities is ridiculously expensive in comparison. Anything under 2kg goes second class Royal Mail (except the 350g bags which go first class as large letters). Maybe we should put a next day option on the shipping for people that need it quicker but it's all about trying to keep the costs down ultimately.

A fast option would most definitely help. Doesnt force anything on anyone, but you can pay a bit more to have it faster if you are desperate or running low on beans.

Btw mine arrived today, so indeed 3 working days.

T.

Can I put in an order for 1kg of the new batch and a posh keepcup please? :D When everything's sorted of course, but i'm running out so if you can get a shift on that'd be brill ;)

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. :coffee:

Any news Lee?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. :coffee:

Yeah, sorry. We're still a couple of weeks away. Hopefully a bit sooner. Fairly sure we have the profile nailed but want to run a couple of others and test, just to be sure. Sorry to anyone waiting. I just hope people realise we're absolutely determined to get it as good as it possibly can be. Please bear with us, it's almost there!

Good things come to those who wait!

And just in case anyone is confused, I renamed the thread to something a bit more relevant. I think it's clear that Foundry are rated very highly on this forum.

Is there an offer code for foundry that someone can share please?

Edit: sorry found it!

Edited by Jon

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Is there an offer code for foundry that someone can share please?

Edit: sorry found it!

pm @foundryroasters.com as per the banner

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Just finishing up my first Foundry order - I get why people love the Rocko Mountain but the Guatemalan is even better!

Top tip. Thanks!

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Just finishing up my first Foundry order - I get why people love the Rocko Mountain but the Guatemalan is even better!

If you like the Guat, you'll probably love the new Colombian we have. It'll be on the site as soon as the labels arrive, any time now. :)

So, the new Rocko is taking a little bit longer than we anticipated to get ready. I'm sure that we're close now - the latest profile will be ready for testing this weekend. I'm sorry to those that have been waiting eagerly and ask you to just bear with us a little longer - I'm completely confident that people will be happy with the results, it's great coffee. We will have a new Colombian ready for sale any time now, just waiting for the labels to arrive - it should be available before the end of the week.

In the meantime, we have decided to release a limited quantity of our current Rocko Mountain with 50% off. The code to enter at checkout is 'rockbottomrocko' - it is applicable to 1kg of Rocko Mountain only and will work for 50 orders. Thanks for your patience all.

Great stuff Lee and thanks a lot for a mega deal.

Mine is ordered!

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

Thanks Lee. Rocko has been my favourite coffee this year,order placed!

Londinium R, Hg-one, button tamper, vst,ims,V60,siphon,aeropress...and still no idea