Hedgehog1979

One more Classic Pressure gauge available.

The gauge is currently on its way to me. Once I'm done I shall forward it to @Rapha if he still requires it. If so, he can in turn forward it to you?

Hi, my Gaggia classic portafilter just has two holes in it and not a spout does this mean the gauge wouldn't fit mine?

Hi, my Gaggia classic portafilter just has two holes in it and not a spout does this mean the gauge wouldn't fit mine?

Don't think it will do fella, any chance of posting a picture of your PF to confirm?

Pre-Phillips Gaggia Classic, Rancilio Wand, OPV Mod & Mypin Ta4 Snr PID, IMS Basket & Shower Screen.. VST 15g.. Torr Goldfinger 58.4 Convex, MBK 58.35 Flat.. Super Jolly with Clean Sweep, Mr Wippy & Lens Hood

Favourite at the Moment: Rave's Colombian Suarez & Wahroonga Blend

I got mine off, just used a screw driver as a leaver put it through the hole above the spout and turned, was a bit stiff but not too bad to get off

Enjoying espresso & filter 

Hi, I'd love to borrow this some time. Only just heard of the OPV mod for the Classic. With me getting my first non manual grinder for Christmas, (Been on a Porlex for years. :)) an old Cunill Colombia that needed some work.

Thanks.

I've forwarded it on to @Rapha and I think there are one or two people waiting in line.

Apologies, I've been offline for a while. I didn't receive any updates to this thread for a while.

@brewski - I'm afraid not, it looks like your portafilter is of the fixed kind which does not allow you to screw off the spout which is required to attach the gauge.

As I understand it, the gauge should now be with @Rapha which should then be sent on to:

@RSDesigner

then @jmc007

@Rapha - can you provide an update - Thanks.

Gaggia Classic with Silvia wand and OPV mod, IMS Shower screen, 18g VST Basket. Eureka Mignon

Gauge received, but not had chance to do anything with yet, will pm the next in line, once finished with, thanks.

Edited by Rapha
spelling

Hello, I'm diving into an old thread but it looks like the queue isn't too bad for this one. Could I please go on the list? How does it work - do I pay postage to the last person or do I pay to send it to the next person? Sorry.. #newbie

@RSDesigner - Correct

Edited by Hedgehog1979

Gaggia Classic with Silvia wand and OPV mod, IMS Shower screen, 18g VST Basket. Eureka Mignon

@LondonDynaslow, you pay the postage to send it on to the next person that wishes to borrow it.

List is:

RS Designer

jmc007

Londondynaslow

PM received from Rapha (A cyclist surely!), just want to make sure the next person awaiting the guage is @jmc007

Yep, a cyclist :)

Gauge is now on it's way to @RS Designer

Yep, a cyclist :)

Gauge is now on it's way to @RS Designer

Wow, the cyclists of this land will all be making really good espresso. Hopefully it'll make us faster, eh..?

Whoah.. something autocorrected my post to say "expresso"!

Thank you @Rapha, gauge received. I have adjusted my OVP and on testing once pressure builds it increases to around 8 bar reasonably quickly but the last bar of pressure is far slower to build, have I over cooked the adjustment? Also my shots were taking around 25 seconds but now take way longer (not timed but I would guess around 40 seconds), is it normal after adjustment to have to adjust the grind to a considerably courser setting?

Wow, the cyclists of this land will all be making really good espresso. Hopefully it'll make us faster, eh..?

It works for Glenn (forum owner)! Clearly being a coffee expert makes you ride faster, which is why my training involves sitting on the sofa with a decent coffee! There are quite a few on here who know the difference between a Pinnarello and a panarello!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Thank you @Rapha, gauge received. I have adjusted my OVP and on testing once pressure builds it increases to around 8 bar reasonably quickly but the last bar of pressure is far slower to build, have I over cooked the adjustment? Also my shots were taking around 25 seconds but now take way longer (not timed but I would guess around 40 seconds), is it normal after adjustment to have to adjust the grind to a considerably courser setting?

I found the pressure build was slower to build up to the last 1 or 2 bar, but not considerably slower.

I had to adjust my grind after the OPV adjustment.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)