Jump to content
IGNORED

One more Classic Pressure gauge available.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow.  I started this thread a little over 5 years ago, and it is rather warming that it’s still doing the rounds now.  I no longer have my machine and haven’t kept up on every message, so don’t kn

I have the gauge so will be modding tomorrow list is currently @Holyzeus @Badgerman Could you pm me your address @Holyzeus then I will get it sent to you next week as soon as I can

The gauge has now been sent to @GrowlingDog

Posted Images

Thanks @Emmodd, safely received. I hope to do it next week but obviously I’ll keep hold of it until the next person wants it.

 

Thanks to @Hedgehog1979 and others over the years who’ve previously bought and replaced the kit. 👍🏻

Edited by londonstuff
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 22:16, londonstuff said:

Thanks @Emmodd, safely received. I hope to do it next week but obviously I’ll keep hold of it until the next person wants it.

 

Thanks to @Hedgehog1979 and others over the years who’ve previously bought and replaced the kit. 👍🏻

Hi @londonstuff could I have it next after you're done?

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi - if at all possible, could I be next in line after @simplyme?  Stripped the machine down over the last week, made 270deg adjustment to the OPV and would like to see what pressure I'm actually getting!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. Terribly sorry for the late reply: I’ve been kept rather busy helping to run a school under remote learning. It’s been as easy as you’d imagine. 😬

I’m putting my Gaggia back together and will look to get it to @DarkShadow in the next day or two.

 

Thanks all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, londonstuff said:

Hi all. Terribly sorry for the late reply: I’ve been kept rather busy helping to run a school under remote learning. It’s been as easy as you’d imagine. 😬

I’m putting my Gaggia back together and will look to get it to @DarkShadow in the next day or two.

 

Thanks all.

Hi buddy, my switch panel shattered day before so unfortunately my machine is out of action. For now, happy to drop in after @larkim assuming I can get a replacement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just finished mine. As I think it's mentioned further up thread, it's a bit battered and leaks a bit of water inside the dial but it seems to function fine and just needs a bit of a shake after use - the hardest bit for me was detaching the double spout of the portafilter. Needless to say the OPV needed a fair amount of adjustment downwards.

Getting the top of the OPV valve off wasn't too hard - I ordered the correct attachment weeks ago from Amazon weeks ago but it hasn't come. While I was stripping the machine for a major refurb I loosened it slightly and I think that made it possible to get off with an adjustable spanner. Not ideal but needs must!

 

Happy to get it into the post tomorrow - as @DarkShadow was in the queue first and @larkim just needs to check, I hope it's okay to go to DS first. Please DM me your deets and I'll get it into the post PDQ.

 

IMG_8125.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

A question to any of the current holders of the 'moving' pressure gauges.  Does it come with a portafilter or is it just the gauge that needs screwing into a portafilter?  I'm in the process of buying a second hand GC but from the photos, it looks like it is a moulded output, ie no threaded part, so I'm wondering if I need to get a cheapy portafilter with an unscrewable spout or if the ones doing the rounds come with one.  I'm loath to buy a portafilter just for this as I intend to buy a bottomless one anyway, so don't really need 3, only one of which I'd ever use in normal daily operation.

 

Portafilter.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2021 at 09:28, PACMAN said:

A question to any of the current holders of the 'moving' pressure gauges.  Does it come with a portafilter or is it just the gauge that needs screwing into a portafilter?  I'm in the process of buying a second hand GC but from the photos, it looks like it is a moulded output, ie no threaded part, so I'm wondering if I need to get a cheapy portafilter with an unscrewable spout or if the ones doing the rounds come with one.  I'm loath to buy a portafilter just for this as I intend to buy a bottomless one anyway, so don't really need 3, only one of which I'd ever use in normal daily operation.

 

Portafilter.png

Doesn’t come with the portafilter so won’t fit yours

I know @Mulligrubwas given a measurement from the top of the OPV by someone which was as good as the gauge reading

Can you help Rob?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Uncletits, time might have solved this - I'm in the process of buying a 'to be fitted' pressure gauge so a portafilter one won't be needed - I did try setting my OPV using a pressurised air set-up (off the machine) but I don't think it worked very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncletits said:

Doesn’t come with the portafilter so won’t fit yours

I know @Mulligrubwas given a measurement from the top of the OPV by someone which was as good as the gauge reading

Can you help Rob?

I found the 11.5 mm as a starting point. You need to use ideally a portafilter with a pressure gauge screwed in.

67B06F5B-C01B-4D3E-9EC9-969F888163FA.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.


    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!


    Donate / Sponsor

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     


×
×
  • Create New...